Crazy Life

Momo's mind felt numb as she tried to process everything that was going on. Her mind was broken away from her thought when Renji let out an irritated sound. "Look... Momo, we've been trying to ask you which division you're going to try for."

The female looked at the food she had been picking at, her mind still coming back into focus. She had come to see Toshiro the other day with the fukutaicho of the eighth division and she had come to find out that the third seat and fukutaicho of the thirteenth division had been planning on adopting her. She then became worried about the small child's fever and managed to block things out.

Just yesterday she had spoken with Kaien about the matter and it still hadn't sunk in that they had honestly proposed such a thing. Picking at her rice the small female academy student listened to the rain tap on the roof of the building they were in. "I honestly don't know. I mean... I was trying to figure that out when I was speaking with Ise Fukutaicho but we never really got to talk about that."

Izuru let out a sigh. "Momo... I thought that you wanted to try and find a division that would take both you and your brother."

The small female stabbed her chopsticks into her rice. "I haven't been thinking about that because I've been thinking about something else. So... what divisions have you guys figured on?'

"Eleventh..." Renji leaned on his arm. "Or what ever one you guys are trying out. This is why you figuring out which one you wish to try for is so important."

"I'm thinking of tenth." Sojiro paused in his eating.

Renji waved his hand. "Wait... the taicho of that division is crazy.

Izuru let out a sigh. "Other divisions have made more of an impression on me. For example, the first division happens to be sophisticated and hold with tradition. The forth division is where the healers go. The fifth division is where Aizen is. The ninth is where our sempai is. The thirteenth is where two of the Shiba."

"He doesn't seem like that bad of a person."

"He told Momo to call him Uncle!" Renji shook his head. "He's likely some kind of freaky pervert who wants to knock her up."

"Actually..." Momo stopped short, her eyes darting to her food. The three males looked up at her, blinking a couple of times. "... Kaien-dono and his wife have put forth the offer to adopt both Shiro-chan and I."

The red haired student's face twisted up with hurt. "What?"

"That's what I've been considering. Truth of the matter is it is likely the only way I would be able to stay with Shiro-chan."

"Then do it. Why don't you just do it?" Renji shook his head and crossed his arms.

"Because I knew you would say that! I knew..." Momo felt a few tears come and clamped her eyes shut. "I knew you would say that. I also know that you would give me that hurt look and I know you won't try to speak to my or Shiro-chan again. I don't want that."

"What..."

Izuru let out a deep breath. "Simple Renji. It's what you did with Rukia and you grew up with her and knew her longer then us."

"Yes... but..."

"Isn't the Shiba clan involves with the Rukongai?" Sojiro then placed a piece of fish into his mouth.

"Yes... but... status."

"Kaien-dono says that status would mean nothing." Momo looked down at the ground. "He made that promise."

"Yeah... but it is still two different worlds."

Izuru set his eating utensils down. "It's not that way with the Shiba clan. You yourself have seen how they've acted differently then the other noble families. It... I think it is a good idea. I mean... if you wanted to, you wouldn't have to become a Shinigami even, or you could request that you be in the reserves."

"Are you saying I wouldn't be able to cut it?"

Sojiro let out a laugh. "No. Think of it this way. At this point in time you want to spend time with your little brother, at least until he gets a little better right? You'll want to help him settle in to his new home and get used to the new additions to your family, right?"

Momo looked up at Renji. "You and I will still be friends and speak with each other. Things won't change between us like they did you and Rukia? Please? I can't accept their request unless I know you will make and keep said promise."

The red head looked away. "Well... someone will need to keep that perverted uncle of yours away from you, right?"

"Thank you..." The girl paused, clapping a hand over her mouth. "This doesn't though settle the problem of what division you all will go in."

"I'm thinking tenth. While I won't be able to see you as much as in the thirteenth division there is the fact that both of the divisions have members of the Shiba clan. Plus, I feel like I'm needed in that division and there is a spot for rising up in the ranks."

"That's morbid." The blond shook his head. "An academy student like us shouldn't be thinking about how they can advance. There are so many that are so much better then us."

"I made up my mind a long time ago that I would eventually become a captain rank Shinigami. Actually, I decided upon that long before I joined the academy. I like the personality of the tenth division taicho."

Izuru shook his head. "He is rumored to be a pervert you know."

"Yes... well... I'll deal with that when the time comes. Hopefully I won't."

Renji let out a sigh. "Thirteenth."

"But you wanted to go into the eleventh."

"Yes... well... I made a promise and that's the best way to keep it."

The blond opened his mouth. "I... you both picked different ones."

"You don't have too."

"Then I think I will join the thirteenth as well."