Chapter Twenty-Seven: It's Not Me. It's Definitely You, Babe.

Chapter Twenty-Seven: "It's Not Me. It's Definitely You, Babe."

            MY HEART WAS BEATING fast and my legs were burning as I finished my sprint, slowing down my pace to a stop. I took deep breaths to calm my heart, looking up at the blazing May sun. And I thought April was a hot month here? I didn't want to think what the weather was like back in LA.

Jake came followed the path I had been taking about half a minute later, his face a deep shade of red that reminded me of a tomato. I handed him my water and when he took it, it went everywhere on him but his mouth. I could see the steam coming off his body from where the water had touched when he sighed in relief, still breathing heavily.

"Fück." The word came out of his throat hoarsely as if he hadn't drunk water in years. Then again, the water had failed to make its way in his mouth.

"I've been telling you that cardio is key. It's not all about the muscle. Stamina matters too." I mentioned poking his own in his arm as I took my headphones off my ears and put them around my neck.

He laughed, sitting down on the sidewalk as if we weren't near a busy street. People walked by us and cars drove by, the loud buzz of the city around us. "Trust me, I have stamina."

"Oh really?"

Jake smirked. "Ask Victor."

I slightly shoved at what he was implying. He asked spoke up again, "Speaking of um, activities involving stamina. You and Giulio-"

"Not on talking relations at the moment." I finished off that sentence for him. Jake and I haven't really had the chance to talk lately and even though I saw him almost every day, I missed him. I remember when I had found out that Jake and I were going to be in the same movie. That had only happened once before, and his role was small. I didn't even know who he was at the time. But with our busy schedules as well as dealing with our own individual matters, we hadn't spent time with just us for a very while.

"The Keith thing?" He asked.

"We'll move past it eventually."

"And, uh, what about Caleb?" He finished off that question tentatively.

"What about Caleb?"

"Nothing going on there anymore or?"

"There was never anything to begin with, remember?"

"So, you're not lusting after him anymore?" He had started to pour water on himself again.

I snatched the water out of Jake's hand, only to find it almost empty. "Thank you for taking a shower with my only source of current hydration." I scowled at him and he laughed.

"I never said that I wasn't," I answered his previous question, but I was quick to correct myself. "Or that I was."

"Anyone can tell that you are," Jake muttered, taking my water bottle back. "You aren't very good at hiding it when you're undressing him with your eyes. But then again he does the same to you."

I hummed, chuckling and checked my messages then my Snapchat, pressing my finger on the red button next to Caleb's name. I almost choked.

The picture he sent me could have knocked me out right then and there. He had taken a full body picture crouching in front of a mirror. The flash was on, his chain in his mouth, one hand was in the middle of pushing his hair back and the caption read. "Oct, red or black shoes today?"

I screenshotted the pic and got a closer look at his outfit before sending him a picture of Jake and saying 'red'.

Jake raised an eyebrow before trying to finish the rest of my water. "Caleb?"