Chapter Fifteen: The Roof That's On Fire.

Dedicated to CoMeFoRmEhOe for messaging me info I needed because I'm lazy to look through past books. Thanks again luv <3

Chapter Fifteen: "The Roof That's On Fire."

"PASS THE PINEAPPLES!" I yelled at Jake who stood at the balcony high above. I had two drinks in my hand, squinting eyes as I tried to find where he was on the large balcony. When I saw his silhouette illuminated by the lights of the house, I hoped he could see my glare.

"PASS THE DRINK!" He yelled back, holding his hand out. He referred to the drink I held with my other hand. The drink he had wanted when he decided that taking my pineapples upstairs when I was tired was a good idea.

Not a good idea.

"YOU TWO SHOOT IN FIVE, STOP YELLING!" AJ screamed at us and I stifled my laughter, holding the drink up in my hand from the car he was standing on meters away.

"Do you want one?" I asked him as Jake disappeared from the balcony.

"Yes, but stop yelling." I tossed it to him, and he caught it, turning back to Giulio to show him what to do. Jake made his way down, holding my small bowl of pineapples the rat had decided to snatch away from me.

"You're so fucking annoying," I told Jake, handing him a drink.

"Me?" He handed me the bowl of pineapples.

"Yes, you, who else am I talking to?"

"You're about to be talking to yourself in point five seconds." Jake started to walk away, and I grabbed him by the arm, whirling him to face me.

"Are you upset because your boyfriend isn't here?" Not sure how it would explain his sudden impulsive behavior to steal my pineapples as a game, but it was clear he was.

"Krystal's gone too." He tried deflecting.

"Yes, but I'm not dating Krystal."

Jake cupped the side of my face with one hand, scrunching up his face. "You'd be a cute couple." He chuckled. "Are you up for dinner tonight?"

"Of course. And cocktails on Saturday?"

"Finally. A night out in the town? I'm ready."

I grinned at his enthusiasm. Glanced over at Giulio who stood on the car next to AJ, the smile on my face faded slightly. Not sure how to describe whatever it is between us but at least he was speaking to me instead of playing games. After that networking night, he returned to normal, omitting the usual flirting which I was heavily grateful for.

Caleb noticed too, constantly pointing it out after every single conversation I had with Giulio.

But you know who else noticed Caleb?

Every time I've hung out with him, it slips my mind that he's a famous writer. The following Monday when I had glanced at my phone I had received a message from my agent that pictures of Caleb and I surfaced the internet.

According to some news, 'Octavia and writer, Romero Henderson were seen eating'. As if never ever did what we were biologically programmed to do in the first place.

Others suggested the possibility that Caleb and I were together, others stretched it a mile a minute by claiming that Caleb was my rebound from my ex. I would never need a rebound. Never.

Caleb had brought over a magazine with a picture of the two of us slapping it on the table in my dressing room. "Iconic duo." He said, crossing his arms with satisfaction all over his handsome face.