Chapter Three: I Breathe, Mind My Own Business On This Planet, And You Hate Me?

Okay, I didn't have enough time to find a person for Octavia but if you have someone, comment here :)

This chapter is dedicated to btwitssurina for the cover at the topic. Go check out her stories, she writes the best justin bieber fanfic (Deal) so go read that.

Chapter Three: "I Breathe, Mind My Own Business On This Planet, And You Hate Me?"

"WHY?" I ASKED as we walked on the sidewalk. People passed by us on either side but that wasn't the focus. My eyes loomed over the architecture of the place with awe for my character and a little awe for myself.

I always forget how beautiful the buildings in Milan were. I always forgot how beautiful the buildings in the country were. The friends I had here, specifically Giulio who had grown up in this city, always took me to different places while I was here, never failing to leave the essence of surprise.

Now that I had been living here for a little over a month and was going to continue living here for the next couple, I was getting used to being in a completely different place. However, I did miss home a little bit.

But home meant three places: my childhood home, where my mom and dad were, and my bed and the memories of my old friends rushing back to hit me as if none of us ever stopped talking one day.

Home also meant Los Angeles, where life, most of my career actually, was. Where miles and miles upon traffic occurred when driving anywhere and the lifestyles of my friends would be judged by outsiders.

But then there was New York, where my closest friends were.

It was the city that never slept and that was probably why I was drawn to it more than any of the other places I had lived. I could recall the times I'd drag my friends out at 3 AM wanting to go find fun wherever it took us. That usually left some of them cranky the next day but it would always be worth it. I think it was the traits in me or my Gemini mentality that allowed me to get sick and tired of places so fast because I would find the need to get out of my surroundings whenever I could. But I wanted to go back to New York. Soon.

"Maybe because I never found a reason to care," Jake said, and we looked at each other. Me, with the expression of confusion evidently yet not so evident on my face and him, his eyes on the ground before looking up at me through his lashes.

"And cut!"

I shot Jake a smile and two thumbs up. "Nice."

He ran a hand through his hair and sucked in a breath through his teeth making a hissing sound. "Would've been better if I didn't have Giulio bearing holes at the side of my head."

"What?" I turned my head around and sure enough, Giulio was staring at Jake while someone spoke to him on the side.

His stare was hard. It was so intense, I was certain that he would've gone up to Jake and done something drastic like punching him if I weren't beside him. Giulio caught my eyes as the person beside him continued the conversation. He nodded at whatever they were saying while giving me a finger wave and a soft smile. Idiot. I almost walked over to him but held myself back.

"Whatever you two got, sort it out, eh?" Jake looked at my hair, inspecting the afro that my hair was combed out into. He reached a hand towards it then paused, looking at me for permission in his eyes. I nodded and felt his fingers fluff my hair a little bit. "The breeze." He explained.

"Thanks. But maybe he'd be fine if he knew you were in a relationship." I pointed out.

"Maybe he'd be fine and chill the hell out if he knew that I was gay." Jake grinned at me and I smiled back at my friend.