Chapter Forty-Three: Could have Bought Me Dinner First.

Dedicated to d0rkyp3ter for the cute cover above, thank you!!

trigger warning: mention of sexual miscount and harassment. 

Chapter Forty-Three: "Could have Bought Me Dinner First."

FOR ME, GOOD ENERGY was brought on by open space, people dancing and genuinely having a good time.

The nightclub Caleb and his friends had taken me to the Friday before I had to leave for France were one of the nicest I have ever stepped foot in. Lights were flashing in various colors throughout the night right now was a warm red, orange and yellow. It set the vibe as Caleb's friend, Jon Ming was standing on a balcony facing the moving crowd, bopped his head along to the remix of dancehall music.

I tilted my head side to side to the beat as I watched the movement of the people, mid in conversation with Caleb's two housemates, Andrew and Royce.

"You know what I find immensely annoying about this country?" Andrew slurred, leaning against the high table.

"What?" I asked, loving drunk Andrew. I don't know how many beers he had gotten but Royce and I were quick to cut him off when he stumbled over his feet when we had walked over here.

"It's that the entire world but them uses Celsius. And they use Fahrenheit. Like what the fuck? It's so dumb. Just use Celsius. It makes so much more sense. It would not make sense if you said, 'it's 80 degrees' in another country. Stupid honestly."

Royce chuckled and Caleb came back, handing me a blue bottle and he had the same for himself, taking a sip as he settled back on the chair behind me. "What are we talking about?" He whispered in my ear.

"How much Andrew seriously dislikes America." His hands went to my waist, pulling me so my back was against his chest.

"I don't dislike the country," Andrew pointed at me as I got comfortable. "I'm just stating facts. I mean, I have to pay for my healthcare here but in Canada-it's free! What is up with that? Caleb, my man, Caleb- tell me. Do you honestly like this Fahrenheit nonsense?"

"It's kind of funny telling someone that it's 20 degrees and they get confused thinking it's freezing outside." He admitted, his chin on my shoulder and I couldn't help but laugh.

"This country is fucking crazy," Andrew said before digging a finger in Royce's chest. "I don't know how you grew up here."

"Um, parents." He stated, gently moving Andrew's finger.

"They should've sent you to like...anywhere else because the temperature is so confusing once you step foot here."

"He's acting like he hasn't lived here for years," Royce told me, rolling his eyes and I laughed. Andrew obviously came here for a reason, stayed and most likely loved it here despite his drunk complaints.

"You came here on a football scholarship," Caleb reminded him, jabbing his arm to gain his drifting attention. "You play pro, remember?"

Andrew blinked, slumping while taking a seat. "Why was I complaining again?"

"So Royce," I took a swig of the blue sweet drink. "Besides marketing what else do you do?"

"I'm in commercial modeling for extra cash."

"Was that something you've always-" Andrew suddenly had his mouth on my blue bottle. "No!" I snatched it out of his hand.

"But-"