Chapter Eight: You Have To Inhale Oxygen-Literal Air.

Dedicated to @Odentalgia  for cute cover at the top! I love all the covers I've been sent they're all so heart eyes. 

Chapter Eight: "You Have To Inhale Oxygen—Literal Air."

I TRIED NOT TO stare at Caleb.

He reminded me of one of those frat boys in college now, heading to a house party. Normally, I would be one hundred percent turned off by any man that looked like he just stepped out of a fraternity, but it was Caleb.

I would be stupid to think it was possible to be turned off by Caleb physically.

He wore a shirt that obviously was cut at the shoulders to be formed into a sleeveless tee, heavily showing off the sleeve tattoo. The way the sleeves were cut was careless and I was certain that Angie would have screamed at him and immediately tried to fix but clearly, she was drunk enough that she didn't say anything.

My eyes pulled away from his sleeves and went back to his tattoos. Once again, his stupid tattoos. A red bandana, matching the one that had been wrapped around Angie's throat, was around his head like a headband, pushing his wavy hair back. Those sunglasses of his were on top of his head and his eyes were red.

His eyes were red.

I couldn't help myself when I got in his face, looking at his eyes. "Are you high, too?"

"No, no, no." Caleb leaned back, sitting on the edge of the sink. His hand went to one of the glow bands on his wrist, twisting it once before looking up at me again.

"Your eyes are red as hell." I pointed out.

"I drank earlier. They do that sometimes. I don't know. I'm not high, though," He suddenly looked confused. "Wait, who got high?"

"Angie's high," I told him, glancing down at Krystal who groaned slightly. Krystal rarely ever smoked so I knew she wasn't high. "And drunk. At the same damn time. She's crossfaded, how the hell do you not know this?"

I wasn't trying to attack him, but I knew Angie and Krystal. They were loud whenever they drank. I found it hard to believe that he didn't hear them even if they weren't in his sight. Especially since they had a pregame here at the house and I could hear them yelling in the living room from the closed door of my bedroom at that time. The drunker they got, the louder they got.

"When I was looking after Krystal," He started. "Angie left for a good half an hour then she came back. I don't know where she went. Do you know how hard it is to look after two girls? Two wild girls? Two girls who clearly know their way through a rave and how to talk to people-"

"You know how to do the same thing."

"Yeah, but like I'm expected to look over them. I knew they were going to drink but I didn't think they were going to drink this much. And Krystal? I'm shocked, to be honest. She has the highest tolerance I've ever seen. It took the longest time to get her wasted. And that's coming from me."

He makes it sound as if I had gone drinking with him many times enough to know whether or not he had a high tolerance or not.

I sighed, my hands on my hips, "Well, what happened?"

"I told you. They drank. I just took them home and stopped Krystal when she tried to leave with this dude."

Krystal puked in the toilet again. Oh no. "Well, tha-wait, did you drive?"

"No. I may be a tiny bit tipsy now but there's no way in hell I'd drive with anything in my system. We took an Uber."

I sighed, "I should've expected this. Can you- why am I asking? You're helping me help them out. Make sure none of the strands of her hair get in her face, she's going to know, and that means that I am going to hear about how she got vomit in her hair for weeks and I'm not having any of that. I'm going to take care of Angie."