Chapter Nine: It's A No Now. It's A No Forever. And Don't Bother Asking Again.

Dedicated to @essenell for the covers. Thank you so much. I love them <3 They're located at the top and the bottom of the chapter :)

Chapter Nine: "It's A No Now. It's A No Forever. And Don't Bother Asking Again."

"AFTER EVERYTHING, ROSALINA," I nudged my head towards Isabella, my best friend in the film who stood off to the side looking ashamed. "What the hell?"

Isabella opened her mouth as if she was about to explain when Jake took a step towards me. "Addison-"

But instead of following through with the script, I managed to pull on tears, grabbing the backpack I was going to end up carrying with me anyways near the end of this scene. "Do you none of you realize what your stupid actions do to people? Bryan's in the hospital for God's sakes and now I have to see you two-"

I wiped harshly at my eyes, showing frustration. Since a specific writer had made my character the overly emotional one, she would cry tears of frustration with everything going on in her life. I sniffed, slinging the backpack over my shoulder.

Wiping my eyes with the back of my hand once again and I figured Jake went along with what I was going at because he looked surprised at my sudden tears, taking a step towards me. "Addison."

I stepped back and out of his reach, almost stumbling for the sake of my character's personality. "Don't. I'll see you tonight-just-just don't." My sudden sadness turned into a moment of anger as my eyes darted between both of them before heading towards the door and making sure to slam it hard behind me. The cameras were already placed at the front of the house, catching me take my Beats headphones out of my pocket and putting them over my ears in a haste as I walked right by the cameras.

"Cut!" AJ hopped off his seat, squeezing me on the shoulder as he passed by me. "Nice addition."

I took the Beats off of my head, handing them over to Kady who gladly accepted it along with the jean jacket I was wearing over my spaghetti strap. As Kady walked away, Jake headed over to me, a small smile on his face. "That wasn't in the script," Jake whispered, his eyes flickering over my head.

"I know," I shrugged as we headed over to the side. "But AJ liked it. It fits my character anyway."

Jake's eyes went over my head again. "I don't think Caleb did."

I was puzzled, making sure he saw my confusion. "Why?"

"He looks kind of pissed off," Jake mumbled.

For what?

I glanced at Caleb where he was sitting next to AJ and the two were talking. Caleb shrugged at what AJ was saying and proceeded to type onto his phone. His fingers were flying hard and fast. Jake was right. If I didn't notice that Caleb was irritated from his body posture I would have noticed it by the look on his face. His eyebrows were furrowed and every now and then he let out a breath that looked as if he didn't, he may have combusted right then and there.

"He wrote the whole thing, right?" Jake asked, both of us still looking at him.

"Yeah," I answered, turning my head away. "He doesn't seem to like the idea of someone altering their work a little bit." I thought back to the day Caleb saw my script highlighted and noted with little parts I had to emphasize and put emotion into. He obviously knew that there were a tiny bit of things I deemed fit for my character that I was going to add to filming. He knew that. Right?

"That can't work out," Jake said as one of our other co-workers, Isabella who played my best friend headed over to us.

"What are we talking about?" Her Italian accent came out. She hid it in the movie seeing as we played two girls who came over to Italy during the summer holiday.