Clueless

|~*~Stand Up~*~| 

Saturday,

May 5, 2012

Dylan adjusted her blankets to cover herself up more. She took the TV controller and put the volume up. It was a Saturday morning and Dylan was awake at ten am. Normally she wouldn't be up this early on a weekend, but since last month it was different. The thing that made it different was The Legend of Korra. The Legend of Korra was the second series of the show Avatar The Last Airbender. She was a big fan of the show and now was a big fan of the new series. Especially with the characters Mako and Korra. They reminded Dylan of the characters Zuko and Katara from the first series. She remembered that she wanted them to be together, but that didn't happen. Hopefully the creators of the show wouldn't get her hopes up for disappointment this time. She just wished that Mako and Korra would get together already. But there was always something in the way of two people being together. In this case it would be a girl named Asami. 

The commercial was over and the show began. She glued her eyes back to the TV. The voice of Tenzin came on. 

As if the show could read her mind, it began recapping events of the last episode. Events with Mako, Korra, and, ugh, Asami. She didn't really hate Asami, she just hated that she was with Mako. 

The show started with Korra, Mako, and Bolin (Mako's younger brother) practicing for a Pro-Bending Match. But then Mako left with Asami for a lunch date. Later, Bolin was with Mako in their room. 

“So. What do you think of Korra in a girlfriend sort of way?” Bolin asked. 

“She's great.” Mako said. “But I think it makes more sense for me to go for Asami.” 

“I was talking about a girlfriend for me! Leave some ladies for the rest of us.” Bolin said. 

“I know... That's what I thought you meant.” Mako said, trying to cover up his mistake. 

Dylan chucked a pillow at the TV screen. “NO! Go for Korra, Mako!” At that exact moment, she heard soft tapping at her balcony door. She groaned and got up to see who it was. She pushed the curtains aside and saw Louis standing there. He smiled when he saw her. She couldn't help but smile back at him. She unlocked the door and let him in. 

Louis saw Dylan's TV on. He raised an eyebrow at her. “I didn't expect you to be up this early on a Saturday.” 

Dylan shrugged. “I'm watching a TV show.” she sat back on her bed. “Wanna watch?” 

Louis smiled and shrugged. “Okay.” he sat next to Dylan on her bed and they watched the show together. “What exactly is this about?” 

“Just watch.” Dylan said. 

Korra was in the middle of talking to Tenzin's daughters, who were younger than her, about what she should do about Mako. Ikki's idea was very... weird. And Jinora's idea involved jumping into a volcano. Then their mom Pema came out and heard what they were talking about. Her advice was to just confess her love for Mako. 

Out of the corner of her eye, Dylan peered over at Louis. If only it were that easy., she thought. 

The scene cut to the Pro-Bending Match. The Fire Ferrets (Korra, Mako, and Bolin) won. And after the tournament, Korra talked to Mako. Dylan bit her nails in anticipation. 

Louis chuckled at seeing her this way. “Fangirl much?” 

“Shh!” she hit his arm lightly, her eyes still glued to the TV screen. 

“Wow. We were really connecting out in that ring.” Mako said as he started to put his gear away. 

“Yeah.” Korra said. “I feel like the two of us have been connecting really well outside of the ring, too.” 

“Uh, sure.” 

“So I was thinking we should spend some time together.” 

“We've been spending lots of time together.” 

“I mean outside of the gym and not while searching for kidnapped family members or fighting chi-blockers.” Korra said. 

“I don't know...” Mako said. “Asami and I are-” 

Korra cut him off. “Look I really like you and I think we were meant for each other.” 

Dylan gasped and waited for Mako's answer.

Korra turned away, afraid of what his answer might be.

“Korra. I'm really sorry but... I just don't feel the same way about you.”

“Forget I said anything.” she said in a monotone voice. 

Just as she said that, Asami walked in and kissed Mako. 

“UGH!” Dylan threw another pillow towards the screen. 

“I take it you ship that Mako and Korra?” Louis asked. 

Dylan nodded. “They have to get together! I just wished Mako would man up and confess to her!” 

Louis looked down at his lap. “Me too.” he muttered to himself. Only he wasn't talking about Mako and Korra.

*~*~*~*~*

So... Still not putting them together yet. LOL.

Picture of Mako and Korra on the right. 

Sorry for not updating!

-Zaira <3