It's Over

|~*~Stand Up~*~|

Thursday

April 12, 2012

The next day Dylan got up and ready for school. She was still hurt from what she saw yesterday, but now she was angry too.

She looked in the mirror. She saw a heart locket hanging from her neck. Brandon had given it to her on their one year anniversary. The heart was silver and on the inside was a key. The key didn't open anything. When Brandon gave it to her, he told her that the key was the key to his heart. On the inside on the locket was the engraving “Forever”.

Tears stung her eyes but she blinked them away. So much for forever., she thought.

She grabbed her backpack and waited for Alex and Juliet to pick her up. She turned her iPod on and put it on shuffle. A few songs later, a car pulled into her driveway. The window rolled down to reveal Louis.

“Good morning, Dylan.” he grinned.

She let out a small small. “What are you doing here?” she asked. “I thought Alex and Juliet were picking me up.”

Louis shrugged. “Change of plans. Hop in.”

She opened the passenger's seat door and got in.

“You're doing it today?” Louis asked as he started to drive towards the school. Dylan knew what he was talking about.

She let out a shaky breath. “Yeah. I'm gonna talk to him today.”

Louis noticed the expression on her face. He frowned. How long would it take for her to get over Brandon? Probably a long time considering they had been together for a little over two years. He almost laughed. He was actually jealous of a guy who wasn't even with Dylan anymore. Well at least after today they officially won't be together.

Louis stopped the car at the school. Dylan took a deep breath before opened the car door. Before she left, Louis said, “We're meeting up for lunch today.”

“Okay.” Dylan said. She waved goodbye to Louis before leaving.

        |~*~Stand Up~*~|

As soon as she walked through the doors, she headed towards her locker. She spun the dial and put in her combination. Not even a minute after she reached her locker, Juliet and Alex had already reached her.

“Are you okay?” Alex asked. Dylan had already explained what happened.

Dylan grabbed her notebook for Spanish class. “Yeah.” she said.

Juliet looked past Dylan's shoulder. Brandon was coming their way. “He's coming.” she said. She looked back to Dylan. “Good luck.” Juliet and Alex left.

Brandon stopped and Dylan's locker. “Hey.” he smiled and leaned in for a kiss. Dylan stepped away from him before he could reach her. He looked at her with a confused expression. “What's wrong?”

She closed her locker and started walking away from him. “Don't pretend like you don't know.”

Brandon grabbed her wrist to keep her from walking any further. He spun her around to face him. “No I really don't.”

Dylan rolled her eyes. “Don't you have a cheerleader to get to? I'm sure you wouldn't want to keep Elena waiting.” she was about to leave again when he stopped her.

After a few moments of silence, he said, “How did you find out?”

“Well obviously not from you.” Dylan said. “Louis saw you with her Tuesday night. And I saw you with her yesterday in the auditorium.” she laughed bitterly. “You were cheating on me this whole time weren't you? All those times I texted you and you never answered, you were with her weren't you?” he didn't answer. “Just what I thought. We're over.” she yanked off her necklace and threw it to the ground. Then she walked away. This time, he didn't go after her.

|~*~Stand Up~*~|

Just as Louis said, him, Harry, Niall, Liam, and Zayn met up with Dylan, Juliet, and Alex during lunch.

“Did you end things with Brandon?” Louis asked.

“Before first period.” Dylan answered.

“Don't worry, Dylan.” Liam said. “You'll find someone better than him.” he glanced at Louis.

“How about me?” Harry asked.

Dylan smiled. “I don't really like you in that way, Harry.”

“But...” Harry began to sing. “I've waited for a girl like you!” Dylan gave him a look. Harry shrugged. “It was worth a shot.”

Alex spoke, “So when are you guys going back to England?” she asked. “You guys have been here in the U.S since February.”

“We don't know.” Niall said. “Personally, I'd like to stay here.” he smiled at Alex.

*~*~*~*~*

Aww I liked that last part. Anyway, yeah. That's it for today.

Alone by Avril Lavigne --------------------> It's what Dylan thinks of Brandon right now.

Comment, vote, and fan me! <3

-Zaira