Almost...

|~*~Stand Up~*~|

Friday,

March 30 , 2012

Dylan and Juliet were over at Alex's house working on homework. They'd been over for at least two hours. It would've been less than that if their English teacher had given them less homework.

Alex had been spacing off a lot. Dylan and Juliet noticed this. She'd been like this ever since last Sunday since they got back to the boys' hotel room after giving up on looking for Harry.

Dylan continued to work on her story for English. She stopped to rest her hand. “Hey Alex, can you pass me some more chips?” she asked. She continued to write and waited for Alex. She looked up to see Alex not doing anything. “Um Alex. The chips please.” she reminded her. Still nothing.

Dylan was getting annoyed. She snapped her fingers in front of Alex's face. “ALEX!” she yelled.

Alex was brought out of her trance. “What?!” she snapped.

“Dude, what's with you?” Dylan asked. “You've been spacing out ever since last Saturday.”

“Seriously. What happened?” Juliet asked.

Alex started writing. She avoided eye contact with Dylan and Juliet. “Its nothing. I've just been a little distracted.”

“Distracted by what?” Juliet asked.

“Something.” Alex said. She tried hiding her face by letting her hair fall over it.

Through her dark hair, Dylan could see a hint of a blush. She smiled. “Oh...” she nudged Juliet who must've caught on. “She's been distracted by thoughts of Niall. Something must've happened with them on Saturday.”

Alex's blush deepened, only proving that Dylan was dead on about something happening between them.

“Okay. TELL US!” Juliet exclaimed. “You can't keep this from us forever.”

“Lets stare at her until she cracks!” Dylan suggested. She and Juliet focused their attention on Alex. Alex used her binder to hide her face. After a few moments, she looked back. Dylan and Juliet were still staring at her.

“ALRIGHT I'LL TELL YOU!” Alex said.

“We knew you would.” Juliet grinned.

Alex glared at her. Then she took a deep breath. “Okay so on Saturday Niall and I were walking around checking out different spots for where Harry would be. We decided to go into Starbucks to get some coffee. We ordered some frappes and the cashier lady started flirting with Niall. She asked him if he wanted to go somewhere later. And then Niall refused saying that he had a girlfriend. She asked who his girlfriend was. And then me, not thinking most of the time when it comes to situations like these, said that I was his girlfriend.” she said.

“And?” Juliet pressed on.

“Niall seemed to go with it... And then he...” she stopped talking. She lowered her head, knowing that she was on full blush mode.

“He?” Dylan asked, urging Alex to continue.

“Hekissmeh.” Alex said quickly.

“What?” Juliet asked. But she heard Alex loud and clear.

“I said... Niall...” she spoke the next words very quietly, “kissed me.”

It was so quiet that if Juliet and Dylan were further away, they wouldn't have heard her. But they did.

“LIPS OR CHEEK!?” Juliet asked.

“Cheek.” Alex said.

“Then what happened?” Dylan asked stuffing her mouth with chips. This was getting good.