Chapter 1- The birthday boy

Most kids for their sixteenth birthday imagine a day full of partying and regrets. For a nerd like me, I was just hoping to game the day away. But instead, I got to celebrate it with my head shoved in the toilet. 

I was trying my best to not open my eyes or my mouth. I didn’t want to accidentally gulp down some pee water. But I was about to be at my limit. Just when I thought I was gonna break, I felt Jesse lift my head out from the toilet.

“You had enough yet, dill weed!” He squawked as he tossed me on the toilet rim.

I desperately gasped for air as Jesse's goons started to crack up laughing. To think this guy brought a whole gang just to fight little ol me. Once I caught my breath, I turned to face him with a smirk.

“What I've had enough of is that hot breath of yours. So do me a solid and put me back in the bowl? It at least smells better in there.” I chuckled. 

I could hear his posse erupt into laughter again. However, I could tell from his scrunched up prune face that he didn’t think it was so funny. I could see his face flush red as he quickly shoved my head back in the toilet. I tried to fight back against him, but his friends came over and helped shove me back down. I was starting to regret my sly comment now. I just didn’t know when to shut up. 

Then, I felt the weight on my head vanish. I sat up quickly and tried catching my breath. That’s when I heard the chaos behind me. The loud crashing of people being thrown around, the agonizing screams for help. Ah, reminded of a good round of smash bros. I turned around and I saw my hero clocking Jesse in the jaw.

Once I got enough air, I walked over to my knight in shining armor, my best friend Aden. Aden was taller than me, and a whole lot buffer than me. He had blonde hair that went to his shoulders and piercing blue eyes. He had this aura about him that made people think twice about messing with him.

“Took ya long enough charming,” I said as I carefully stepped over a now wailing Jesse, who was huddled in the fetal position on the floor. I didn't see any of his friends anymore, they must’ve scattered when they saw Aden.

“I think an ‘Oh thank you, Aden, for saving me!’ Is the appropriate response here,” he grumbled.

“Pfft, I had ‘em on the ropes, couldn’t ya tell?”

“Oh yeah that, uh, face in toilet water technique, deadly.”

“I know right, ancient Chinese secret.” I walked over to the paper towel dispenser and started wiping my face clean with a few of them. 

I looked myself over in the dirty smudge filled mirror. My raven locks hung in my eyes as it dripped with toilet water, and I could see Aden holding back a laugh as I tried drying my hair. I stopped and turned to face him, and flicked my hair around like a dog at him. It's like I could see his soul leave his body as the drops of toilet water hit him. I heard Jesse wail again as Aden stepped on his hand while jumping back from my super-effective water attack. I started laughing uncontrollably as the late bell rang, echoing throughout the bathroom.

“Ah, this is the best birthday present ever,” I said with a satisfied sigh.

“What’s the big idea dude!” Aden cried, still grossed out over the rain of toilet water that had just befallen him.

“Oh come on football star, you eat more germs when you faceplant on the field. This is just a few drops of toilet water.”

“Could you not? ”

“You know, there are more germs on your pillow then a-”

“Stop, just stop, I don’t need you ruining my sleep again.”