Losing you will end my life forever

Part 19:

"Hailieeeee!" Becky's voice filled her hallway. "shit" Hailie pushed Harry off her and hopped off the counter. Her and Harry had got a bit.. Distracted, while making lunch. She tidied the kitchen and ran out straight into her best friends arms. Becky screamed and jumped up and down. "you're finally twenty!!" Hailie screamed aswell. "I know!! Ahhh!!" she was hugged by her four other friends, Josh, Alice, Marie and Cooper. She introduced them all to Harry. The lads stayed in the kitchen with Harry, drinking beers and laughing while Hailie went outside to show the girls her baby. They all screamed and ran to the car as soon as they saw it. "HOLY MOTHER!" Alice screamed. "UGH I AM SOOOO JEALOUS!" Marie looked in the window. Hailie went and got the keys. She cleared her throat. "girls, step back" she clicked the 'doors' button on her key controls. The doors rose upwards. Hailie sat in, while the girls watched eagerly. She stuck the keys into the ignition and revved the engine. The boys came running out. "No. Frickin. Way!" Josh said. "pop the hood, Hails" Cooper was American, and a mechanic. She clicked the bonnet button, and it rose slowly. "hooly.. This is like my dream car to work on!" he examined the engine. Hailie got out. "so, she's a hit, eh?" Harry stepped towards Hailie, making her lean against the car. "she sure is" Harry chuckled. "you're welcome" he winked. "oh shush" she ran her hand through his curls, and pulled him in towards her. Their lips connected, moving in sync. "aww c'mon I don't wanna see that!" Josh said. They laughed. Hailie turned on the radio, and turned it up to thirty-five. "babe, what about the neighbours?" Harry said. "eh, it's bingo night anyways" she winked, and they danced as "How We Do" by Rita Ora came on.

It was six o'clock when everyone had left. "so I guess we better start on the house?" Harry didn't turn around. He was looking at something. "Haz?" he turned around, Hailie's iPhone in his hand. "who's Colin?" Hailie looked confused. "Colin?" Harry nodded, showing her the message she had received. "hey Hailie, just texting to see if you're okay after the last night.. Hope I made you feel better! Coffee tomorrow? Colin x x" Hailie remembered. The young waiter with the brown eyes and dark hair. "WHO IS HE?!" Harry shouted, throwing the iPhone. "Harry-" Harry dropped to his knees, holding his head, pulling at his curls. "Harry-" he stood up, tears running down his face. "ARE YOU CHEATING ON ME?! AFTER ALL WE'VE BEEN THROUGH?" she gasped. "no! No! Of course not! I-" he interrupted her. "I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS! WHAT DIDN'T I GIVE YOU? WAS IT BECAUSE I DIDN'T SHOW UP FOR DINNER? WAS IT AN ACT OF REVENGE? THAT WAS IT WASN'T IT?" Hailie took a deep breath. "WELL, CLEARLY I'M RIGHT! YOU'RE SUCH A WHORE!" that was it. Hailie broke down. She dropped to her knees, and curled into a ball. She screamed and bawled into her lap. She heard the front door open, and close. Had Harry left? She didn't look up to check. She felt a pair of strong arms picking her up. She squirmed, and fell out of their grasp. Unfortunately, she was in the kitchen. She fell, hit her head off the tile and caught her wrist on the corner of the island. "Hailie!" she heard an Irish voice say before darkness over came her. The pain left. She wasn't crying. She wasn't angry. She didn't hurt. She couldn't feel anything. Maybe she was dying. She didn't know. But she liked this feeling. She felt happy.

*beep* "Doctor, is she okay?" *beep* "I don't know, son. She got an awful whack on her head" *beep* "how long?" *beep* "there's no knowing. With the size of the bump and the injuries she sustained, it could be years" *beep* Harry's voice broke. "y-years?" the doctor watched Hailie's heart monitor. She was stable. "at the most, it'd be ten years" Harry gasped, like all the wind had been knocked out of him. "a-and at the least?" the doctor turned to look at Harry. He placed a hand on his shoulder. "at the least? She won't wake up for a couple of months, at least. Anytime before that would be a miracle. There's a possibility she'd wake for Christmas, but it's very slim. I'm sorry, son" the doctor left, closing the door. Harry sunk into the chair, taking Hailie's hand. "b-baby, please wake up earlier. Please come back into my life. Please make me whole again. I'm nothing without you. I hate that we had that fight. I hate that the last thing I said to you was an insult. I'm fully responsible for this and I've been kicking myself for hours. If you wake up now, I'll never hurt you, verbally or physically again. I promise you that. Please wake up" he looked at her peaceful face. He sighed when she didn't wake. "that's okay, baby" he kissed her hand. "I can wait. I will wait. Every day. Every hour. Until you're ready to wake up" he sat back into the chair, sighing heavily. He joined his hands in prayer. "dear God, I know I don't pray much, but I really need something today. You know my girlfriend is in a coma, and , well, I feel like I'm losing her. I don't want that to happen. It's all my fault she's like this. So I ask you, to please wake her up. Put me in the hospital, please. I just want her to be okay. She's my world, Lord. I love her. Please, please make her okay. Thank you, Amen" he closed his eyes, when his mum rushed in. "sweetheart!" she threw her arms around him. He cried into her shoulder. "it's only been a couple of hours, mum, but I miss her!" she rubbed his back. "I know, I know shhh" he cried for a while, before they both sat down. "poor Hailie.. She's such a lovely girl.. I think of her as a daughter, you know" Harry looked at her. "really?!" Anne nodded. "mhm. She's perfect for you, Harry. She's already my daughter-in-law" Harry smiled, squeezing his mum's hand gently. He wiped a tear from his eye. "doctor said she won't wake up for years, mum" Anne sniffed. She had tears in her eyes. Harry knew they were close, I mean, they went shopping together and went out for coffees all the time, but he didn't think they were like mother and daughter relationship. "you never know Harry.. Miracles happen. God is there, with us all the time. If we pray to him, he may just listen. He may wake her up" Harry sniffed. "I hope so" Anne cuddled Harry as he watched Hailie's chest slowly rise and fall. He hoped she would wake up. He hoped he wouldn't lose her.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, I dunno about you guys, but I cried as I was writing this!

Poor Hailie.. What'd you guys think? Will she wake up?

Will Harry's prayers be answered? Comment below, or tweet me

@_LoveForPayne_