Big steps are important in a relationship

Part 12:

They spent the day packing and moving Harry's stuff. The boys helped, though they didn't want Harry to leave, since it was his house and all, they decided to help, because it was what made Harry happy. Liam was sitting in the kitchen with Hailie, as they had gone to get a drink and take a break for a while. "Hailie?" she closed the fridge. "mm?" she said as she joined Liam at the table. "thank you" she tilted her head. "why? What for?" Liam smiled. "making Harry happy. After Angel, he was a mess. You know that cause you probably read in the paper and the magazines, he was drinking and he didn't feel like he was worth anything. You changed that, you made him who he was again, you brought back the Harry we know and love, and I don't know how to thank you enough" Hailie patted Liam's hand. "being the good, supportive friend that you are will always be enough for me, Liam" she put her cup in the dishwasher, and left the room. As she ran up the stairs, she slipped, but was caught by the arm by a firm grip. "woah! Hailie! Are you okay?!" Niall. "jeez, I thought I was gonna fall down the stairs! Thank you!" she placed her hand on Niall's arm. "you're welcome" he said, looking at her eyes. They were beautiful. "Hailie?" she met his gaze. "my feelings never changed, you know" she patted his shoulder. "I know, but neither have mine" she walked up the stairs to where Harry and Zayn were packing. He knew that her feelings for Harry had never changed, but he wished everyday that somehow they could. It's like every time he sees Harry kiss her, or wrap his arms around her waist, even just ring her late at night, he wished he could take his place. He decided to get her number off someone. Zayn? No, he'd tell him how it was a bad idea. Harry? No. Danielle! That's it! "Liam!" speak of the devil. Danielle walked through the door as Harry's last box was put in the boot. "Dani!" Niall ran to her. "Nialler!" she said, wondering why he was so happy to see her. "I need a favour!" that was why. "what is it?" he took out his phone. "I need Hailie's number" she was surprised. "Niall, you were the first to get her number, besides Harry of course, how come you don't have it?" Niall looked at the floor. "I deleted it by accident.." she nodded. Niall really didn't want to have to go into full detail. Danielle was one of Hailie's best friends. She'd be told for sure. "uhh [number].. Got that?" Niall typed it in as she spoke. "yep! Thanks Danielle!" he ran upstairs. Danielle shook her head. "oh Nialler" then went into the kitchen to Liam.

"well.. This is it boys.." Harry stood up at the top of the room, everyone sat on the couches eating and drinking. Liam raised his glass. "to Harry and Hailie, major milestone for you guys, Harry I'm really happy that you've found someone that makes you so.. Happy, I guess" they giggled, and Harry pulled Hailie up off the couch. They stared lovingly into each other's eyes, before he pulled her in for a kiss, making everyone around them fake a gag. "I'm so lucky, I think I'm the luckiest guy that there ever was" Hailie smiled, stroking Harry's cheek. "it wasn't luck, baby, it was destiny" she said, pulling him in for another kiss. They ate, drank and danced well into the night, before everyone fell asleep on the couch.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

278 reads! Wow! Thanks everybody! Okay, so I'm going to post part 12 + 13 together because 12 is short and boring, so I decided to put a little drama in 13 for yous ;) x