Chap. 15

(a/n putting this out earlier than usual bc i want to see ur reactions ha. also be prepared for 2 chapters at the same time tomorrow, bc christmas)

John's POV

He's unresponsive.

Everything goes blurry- I only hear ringing. I fiddle for my phone, nearly dropping. I messily dial 911.

"911 what's your e-"

"No time- diner on 107th street- come quick." I drop my phone, barely hearing a shatter. The ringing gets louder. I rush over to Alex.

"Alex, please..."

Everything goes dark.

-

I wake up in a hospital bed.

My eyes flutter open... Peggy?

"John! You're awake." She says.

I sit up, my back throbbing.

"What happened, Peggy?" 

"From what I heard, Alex got in a fight, you saw him unconscious and had a panic attack."

"Oh."

"You've been out for nearly 12 hours..." Tears prick the corners of her eyes.

"Pegs, is Alex up?"

She nods, "He's been asking for you for two hours." She laughs softly. "Damn, John. I'm so happy you're awake." her eyes have tears slowly sprinkling out.

 "Can I see him?" I ask. I wanna make sure he was okay.

I liked him. A lot.

I liked him.

She nods and leaves. She comes back a few moments later with a nurse.

"Are you hurt?" She asks softly.

"No, just my back a bit." I lied.

She nods, "You fell pretty hard from what I heard."

She unhooks me from the IV and leads me to a room only a few doors down. 

I walk in.

"John?" I hear a soft voice say.

"Alex?" I run in, moving a chair next to his bed and sitting on it. "How do you feel? Jefferson got you pretty hard." I chuckle.

"My head hurts. A lot. My nose is broken, too. I'm just glad you're okay. I couldn't respond, but I heard you." He admits.

I nod, my eyes glossy. "I was so scared. I- I thought I was going to lose someone again." 

"John- I'm still alive. You can't get away from me that quickly." He winks, smirking.

I roll my eyes, "You could be dying and you still manage to tease me, dick."

"I can tease you much more when I get out of here..." He whispers.

"You are what you eat." He replies before going red.

He basically read my thoughts.

I burst into laughter, and I hear Peggy's soft laugh as well.

She walks in. "I wanted to see if you would admit your love for each other but instead I hear that." She sighs and sits next to me.

Alex stutters, "I- I didn't me-mean li-like that I- eat- dicks, I mean- like... You do!" he points to me.

I chuckle as his face darkens into a deep red.