Chap. 6

TW: mentions of self harm and depression

Maria's POV

My- my girlfriend. Peggy Schuyler. 

I walk into the door of my apartment- James' apartment. I was 15, and he was 18. He forced me into this relationship after finding photos of me kissing my now ex girlfriend, saying he would show my parents- they are extremely homophobic and are in love with James.

"Been a while, Maria. What the hell did ya do?" He asks, angrily. 

"I did what I was told. She's my girlfriend." He nods approvingly.

"Break up with her tomorrow- Monday. At school. Make a scene.

"O-okay, James." I reply reluctantly. I loved Peggy. Like loved her.

No.

I didn't love her.

I am in love with her.

-

John's POV

I was sitting in bed when I got two texts- almost simultaneously. I put down my pencil.

Maria-6:01

Peggy:6:03

I open Peggy's first, since she's my gf- gay friend, of course.

<3Pegs: HEY BITCH MARIA KISSED ME WE ARE DATING AND MY DAD IS OKAY WITH GAY- MY GAYNESS IS RADIATING

I laugh at this message, swiping over to Maria's text.

Maria: Hey, long story short, my ex James isn't my ex and he is forcing me to date Peggy so i can break up with her so she hates but i love her so damn much john you gotta help me.

My jaw drops.

John: Maria- I can't do anything until I get proof. you cant tell peggy bc james will probs look through your conversations in your phone, but if you tell her this at school she will think its just an excuse for u to break up with her. We will figure this out.

I sigh, moving to Peggy's conversation.

John, ya gotta play it cool.

John: OMG PEGS IM SO HAPPY FOR YOU I HOPE U GUYS GET MARRIED IM THE FLOWER GIRL OKAY ILYSM

I quickly send it, muting my phone, and putting it on my nightstand. 

One knock, then three, then two.

"C'mon in, Martha." She laughs at my accent slipping, walking through the door-frame.

"Shut up, M, you have the same accent." I roll my eyes, sitting up to look at her. "What's up?"

"Can-can youdomymakeupformeforthedanceonfriday?" She merges all the words together.

"Hm? I can't understand you, goof ball." I laugh at her deep red blush.

She sighs, "There's a dance on Friday. There's this cute girl who asked me to it. Can you do my make-up for it?"

I look at her, confused. "Okay, kiddo. How do you know I can do make-up?"

She laughs, "Dude, you are gay. You hang out with the prettiest girls in the entire school district. You have a huge ass make-up bag under your desk." She points to my make-up bag that no one knows about- until now.

I sigh in defeat. "Got me there, bitch." I stick my tongue out at her in a childish manner.

"Shithead!" She fires back.