Chap. 5

TW: abuse, homophobic slurs

Maria's POV (told ya)

"James, I swear to fucking God."

"Maria, babe, you gotta do it. I have the picture, Maria."

He hung up on me.

He constantly torments me, physically and mentally. He won't leave me alone. He wants everyone in the school broken. He wants me broken. He wants everyone to hate me so he can have me for himself. Here goes nothing.

Maria: Hey Peggy... can we talk?

Pegleg: Of course, Maria.

Maria: I like you. A lot.

This wasn't the lie. I loved Peggy. I wanted to be with her forever. The lie comes in later. 

Pegleg: I like you, too. Maria.

Maria: Meet me at the park, 5:00?

Pegleg: see you there, Maria <3

She put a heart. I love her. I do.

-

Peggy's POV

"AHHHHH" I scream, my sisters running into my room.

"PEGGY ARE YOU OKAY?" Angie asks quickly, speaking clearly.

"MARIA WANTS ME TO MEET HER AT THE PARK LATER AND SHE HAS A CRUSH ON  ME!"

"What." Angie and Eliza ask in sync.

Shit. I forgot to tell them.

"I- um- am- bi." I mutter out. Pan is too hard to explain, so I just say bi.

They looked confused, but that expression grew into happiness, their dimples showing. They both ran up and hugged me. It couldn't get better than this.

I hear a whisper in my ear, not sure which sister.

"Pegs, I'm bi, too." I pull away, startled. It was Lizzie. I smile at her and pull her into a tight hug, Angie left confused.

Angie suddenly breaks the comfortable silence with, "So, are we all slightly gay?" Liz and I look at her, shocked. Angie says quieter, "I- I am heteroflexible- I like guys but-"

Liz and I cut her off, saying things like "We know what that is" "Duh!" "Yeah!"

We start to laugh, so I say I'm pan. They know what it is.

-

It turned 3 PM so I hop into the shower, warmth streaming down my hair. I take the shortest showers of my family- including dad. 

15 minutes later, I get out and pull my towel over my chest, letting it cover down to my knees. I begin to enter my room and see my clothes scattered on the hardwood, medium brown, floor. I look up and see my sisters throwing my clothes.

"Eh-em..." I say, loudly.

They quickly turn around and pull out my favorite dress- the base was white, with pastel yellow flowers covering the majority of the dress. It's loose flowing tank-top dress, but I always wear a light brown belt around my waist. I nod my head, excited. While I change into the dress, the look for shoes in my closet. They grab my white Converse- white girl status shoes. I reluctantly nod, knowing my other colored Converse will not go with the dress. While doing my belt around the dress, Eliza brushes my hair to braid it into a loose ballerina bun. Angelica starts doing my make-up, a muted yellow eyeshadow, light pink lipstick, and a thin wing eyeliner.

I check the clock- 4:08.

I have my outfit, hair, and make-up done. I decide to go to the garden and pick a few different color roses- pink; for admiration and joy, red; for romance, and lavender; for love at first sight. I grab 2 of each, tying them with a yellow iridescent bow.

I wait in the living room until 4:40, when my father comes down.

"Hey Pegs." He say, smiling.

I nod my head, "Hey dad. I have a date soon." My eyes bright with enthusiasm, until I realize... he's gonna ask wh-

"Ooooh, with who?" He raises and eyebrow. I knew he was gonna ask.

"Um... Maria." I mutter the last part quietly, but he heard.

His eyes lit with anger. "M-Maria? Isn't that the one girl-"

Tears start in my eyes, "Dad, Maria Lewis."

His eyes manage to get even more angry, "I know who the hell that is. Her?"

"Y-yes..." I whisper.

His face softens slightly. "You could've gone on a date with ANY girl, and you choose Maria? You should've went with Martha Laurens or something." He says quietly.

"S-so you don't care th-that I'm... gay?" I ask.

"WHAT? How could I care about that? That sounded mean- but listen Pegs. You are allowed to love anyone who you want. If they make you happy, go for it. But Maria? She is known for breaking hearts. I love you, Pegs. Don't let her hurt you. You are much too strong for someone like her to knock you down. You are the only one in the family who can walk in with a smile, and everyone else smiles immediately. You are the light and joy of our family. Of course, I love Eliza and Angie just as much, but you are the definitely the funniest and bubbliest. I love you, honey." He smiles, kissing my head. He stands up to make dinner for the others. 

"Thanks, dad. I love you more." I say, grabbing my purse.

He nods with a bright smile. Angie and Eliza rush down the stairs and grant me with a large hug.

I wish my other siblings could see me now, but they live with mom in California. Mom is a bitch. She only used dad for the money, so she could start her acting career. The others loved mom more, but Angie, Liza, and I are all for Dad. He actually works to make his money. Wow.

-

I get to the park a few minutes late and I see Maria sitting on a bench. I waltz up next to her, sitting down next to her. I hand her the roses, her eyes lighting up.

"Pegs, you shouldn't have. Thank you so much, love." Maria says. Her voice sounds hurt, but full of passion.

"Anything for you, Maria." Before I can add to that statement, a hand is behind my head, and one on my waist. Maria is facing me, leaning in. I lean in.

I felt heat race up to my cheeks. Her lips brush against mine, until they are against each other. Butterflies and fireworks fill my stomach, my eyes fluttering as she pulls away. Her face matches her red dress. I smile sheepishly, looking down at my lap.

"Peggy- will you be my girlfriend?" Maria asks, smiling. I nod quickly as she pulls me into a deep and passionate kiss.