Chapter 38: Not drunk yet

"I can't believe we won!!" Lily smiles broadly at me, throwing her arms around me and hugging me tightly. Music blares loudly through the common room, rock music and the Weird Sisters. Half of Honeydukes sweets are piled on a table alongside butter beer and firewhiskey. Lily and I sit with Alice, Marlene, and Mary by the fire. Remus comes over, smiling broadly with a cup of butter beer in his hand. "Congratulations River!" He yells over the music, hugging me. I smile and grab some sweets, sitting down beside Remus and discussing the match. James stands in the middle of the room, surrounded by people, mainly girls, and he's holding the golden quidditch cup high above his head, laughing loudly with Sirius, who stands beside him. My eyes longer on Sirius longer than they need to. His stormy grey blue eyes are full of laughter, and he's clutching a bottle of fire whiskey, which he's spilling. His striped tie is around his head, knotted carelessly over his messy black hair. Sirius is wearing no jumper, but his shirt is half open and flapping as he claps wildly. He looks happy. "Surprisingly, he's not drunk." Remus says with raised eyebrows, seeing me looking at Sirius. "Not yet." I snap back at Remus. Remus smiles sadly at me, a knowing look in his eyes, before standing up and talking to a Ravenclaw girl who had been invited. "Are you okay?" Alice shouts over the music. I nod and smile at her, and she pulls me up to go dance. Spinning away from her as the music plays, someone grabs my waist and pulls me to them. Looking up, I meet the eyes of Robert. "We haven't spoken in a while." He says quietly. "That's because the last time we spoke, I rejected you and injured you're pride." I tell him as he takes my hand and spins me around. He smirks slightly. "You didn't injure my pride." "Clearly not, you seem to have a lot of it." I tell him, referring to his pride. "Mh." He says, raising his eyebrows. We dance in silence for a minute, not knowing what to say. "So.. Sebastian the Slyhterin." He says, with a note of finality in his voice. "I'm sorry, are you following me? Or do you just stalk me occasionally?" I ask him, turning to face him. "Neither. He told me. That he fancies you. Then I hexed him." Robert shrugs casually. "Why?" I ask him, frowning. "Because I told him you wouldn't go to Hogsmeade with him, how could you? You were going with me." "You did what?" I ask loudly. Robert grins, wrapping his arms around my waist and pulling me to him. "Get off me you moron!" I say, shoving him. "But you did tell him no?" Robert asks, still smirking infuriatingly. "Yes. But that doesn't mean I'll go with you!" I say, turning away. I push through the throng of people, towards the wall where the fire whiskey is. Instead, I look up and see Sirius, dressed the same way he was earlier, leaning against a wall. In the dark corner where they're hidden, I see a light haired girl leaning on him, snogging his face off. His arms are around her waist, pulling her closer to his open shirted chest. My whole mood darkens, and I try to fight the tears that spring up on my eyes. I breathe deeply as Sirius' eyes flicker open, looking at the girl. His eyes switch past her, locking eyes with me. I narrow my brown eyes at him, the fun away and pus through the crowd, tears running down my face as I turn towards the fat lady an out onto the staircase.