Chapter 39: Out of your mind

I pull off my shoes and throw them down the stairs in my anger. Anger at Sirius, whoever that girl was, and mainly myself. It's not supposed to upset me! Sirius was immature and we barely talked anymore, what did I care if he snogged some random girl? But I did. "Stop crying, stop crying, stop crying." I repeated in my head. I didn't care about Sirius. He was arrogant and self centred and he thought he could just snog some random girl without us having any explanation. We kissed, repeatedly, I might add, and yet he never owned up to it. We had a big fight, and he never mentioned it. We haven't spoken for a month, and he hasn't said anything. Not once. He's an ass. My top slips from one of my shoulders, the purple fabric infuriating me. I hate purple. It's girly and disgusting. And I don't know why I bothered to look nice, there was no one to impress. "River?" A voice asks quietly. I turn and see none other than Sirius, leaning on the wall by the fat lady. "What do you want?" I snap at him, standing up and dragging a hand across my face. "I saw you run away." He says simply, raising his eyebrows. "And?" I ask him angrily. "Why?" He asks. "I needed air." "Sure." "I did! Why else would I have left?" "It didn't have anything to do with..?" "With you sucking face with some random girl? Is that what you think this is about? Get you're inflated head out of you're ass, Sirius Black." I say with venom in my voice. "Hey, hey, that's not what I said." He says, holding his hands up in defence. "But.. Is it? Because.. We stopped talking properly after you left me in the woods that day." He adds. "I left you in the woods? Pfft, don't be so immature and stop feeling sorry for yourself." "I'm NOT feeling sorry for myself." He says angrily. "Oh aren't you? And for you're information, we stopped talking when we had a huge fight that night." "Oh yeah. That." He says angrily. "That." I spit at him. "Hey, this is you're fault as much as mine! You didn't admit to yourself that-" "That what?" I ask him, then continue. "That I liked you? That kissing you was brilliant? That I couldn't tell anyone because it was personal and private?" "You seriously thought that?" He asks I'm surprise. "I.." I stop, realising what I said. "That's what I.. But I never admitted it because I knew it was stupid! That us was stupid! That you were bad news! You always have been and you always will be! You're arrogant and stuck up and conceited and narcissistic and you're so sure of you're own good looks that you don't take the time of day to notice that some people aren't as cocky as you are!" I yell at him with clenched fists. "Cocky?" He asks. He's barely listening, not taking this seriously at all. "Yes. And full of yourself. You walk around with that huge head on you're shoulders, flipping you're oh so brilliant hair and winking at every girl that walks past because-" Sirius cuts me off, grabbing my waist and wrapping his arms around me. His lips crash onto mine, soft and passionate. For a minute, the world falls away, and I melt in his arms. But then I snap back to reality. I push him away hard, shoving his chest. He stares at me for a minute, and I stare back, before I reach out and slap him across his arrogant face. His head flips slightly, his hand flying to his cheek. He looks at me with wide eyes, in shock. "You absolute pig! If you think you can fix all of this just by kissing me, you're out of you're mind! Don't ever try and treat me like that! Don't you dare try and kiss me the same way you had kissed another girl less than five minutes ago. I'm not one of your brainless sluts that just follow you around, hanging on your every word and waiting for a kiss if I'm lucky! You make me sick, Sirius Black! I never want to hear you're voice again you insolent, selfish, conceited ass!" I yell, stomping back into the common room, leaving Sirius standing there, his hand on his cheek, shocked.