Chapter 49: And Sneak

A/N: Nearly at the end! Damn. Anyway, dedication of this chapter completely goes to Crazycoby! I hope you like it:)

"So." He says to me. "What are you doing here? I'm passed out, or was. What's you're excuse?" I shrug, glancing around sadly. "I.. I just wanted to look around the common room again. It was my first year, and so much happened and.. I just wanted to look around." "You'll be back soon enough." He shrugs. "Yeah.. But it was such an exciting year, y'know?" I ask him, sitting down near him. "Yeah.. It was an interesting year. With.. With you here and all." He says hesitantly, and I feel myself blushing in the dark. "That's.. That's kind of what I wanted to talk to you about.." I tell him. "You wanted to talk to me?" He asks, eyebrows raised, smirking. "Yes, Sirius, I did." I say, slapping him on the arm. "Okay.. What did you want to say?" "I've no idea." Sirius chuckles slightly, and I look down, clenching my hand together. "Well.. I.. Wasn't sure what to do. Y'know, when we kissed again. Because I.. I just wasn't sure what you thought of it." "Yeah, yeah, I get you." He nods, then continues. "Well.. To be honest, I- I did like you. A lot, at that time, but I didn't know what to do about it. I wasn't.. I don't know, I didn't know what to do. See that's why I kissed you all the time. Because.. Usually I just snog a girl and be done with it, but I.. Couldn't with you, I suppose. As cliche as it sounds, there's something.. Different, I suppose, about you. Like I just wanted to be around you a lot, and I enjoyed your company. And your fucking gorgeous." He finishes, shrugging and rubbing the back of his neck, grinning when he finishes. I nod slowly and look at him, sitting on the other end of the couch and, for once, looking sheepish and uncomfortable. Not his usual, cocky, charming self. I frown slightly and keep talking. "Well.. I didn't know that. I know I didn't admit to anything either, but it was easier to just.. Blame you. And I shouldn't have and I'm sorry." I say the last bit hurriedly. "Well.. Yeah. I'm sorry too." He says quietly. "So.." I add thoughtfully. "What now?" "What now indeed?" He's silent for a minute before he looks at me, properly. "You know, I didn't hear you come in at all." He states thoughtfully. I look down at myself- barefoot, my toenails painted black, full length leggings sticking to my long legs and a short, loose, Beatles t shirt. "You were asleep." "I wasn't.. Really heavily sleeping. But you still managed to sneak up on me." "And you're supposed to have dog senses." I smile at him. "Yeah.. Exactly! Sneak." He mutters, as if it's insulting. "Mutt." I reply. "Sneak." He repeats. "Dog breath." "Sneak." "Fleas." "Sneak." "Sirius!" I say, because I've run out of insults. He smiles, a proper smile, not a grin or a smirk, but a wide, goofy smile that lights up his eyes and makes him very happy looking. "So.. Sneak." He says, a hint of finality in his tone. "What about it?" I ask him quietly. "It suits you." He shrugs. I raise my eyebrows and shrug as well. "Sneak." He says, and I can hear him trying to hide a laugh. "Padfoot's no better." I tell him, and he looks at me in mock offence. "Padfoot is a great name! And so is Sneak." He adds. "So.. What are we going to do now, Sirius?" I ask him. "We could.. I don't know. We can't ignore the fact that you're completely head over heels for me." He says, flicking his hair out of his eyes. "Pfftt I am not!" I bark at him. "Yes, yes you are! You're like.. James and Evans head over heels for me." "Oh yeah? And you're.." I stop, realising I have nothing to say. "I'm?.." "Nothing." I finish quietly. "No, no tell me!" He says. "If I'm supposedly "head over heels for you" then you just be completely besotted with me." I joke. "Maybe.." He smirks, looking at me sidelong from under his black hair. "Sirius, I really-" He cuts me off. "River. You're overthinking. Something I've noticed you do a lot. I just.. You're worrying about nothing." I look at him, our eyes locking. "You shouldn't worry about it so much..." He says quietly, and I feel him lace his fingers through mine. "I like you... And I think you like me too, so where's the problem?" He asks, his voice barely a whisper now. "I suppose.. There isn't a problem." I whisper in the dark. "Exactly." He replies, then gently leans over towards me. My eyes flutter closed and Sirius presses his lips against my lips, gently. After a minute, he pulls away, and my eyes flicker open. "River.. Why don't.. Should we.. I don't know, maybe.. Would you go out with me..?" He asks hesitantly, with nervousness in his voice for once. I smile slightly, and his grey blue eyes light up. "Thought you'd never ask." "Really? Is that a-" "Yes, of course!" Sirius grins hugely, crashing his soft lips onto mine. I smile into the kiss, feeling his arms wrap around my waist. I gently place my arms around his muscular shoulders and completely melt.