Chapter 38: Easter Holidays

""I feel like I haven't talked to anyone but you in so long Lils." I tell her on the way to the train for the holidays. "I know, I've noticed. Are you okay? In general, I mean." She asks me quietly. I nod slowly, thinking. I haven't spoken to Regulus and Severus since I snapped at them the morning I ran off from Sirius. They don't smile at me or wave anymore, like they used to. I haven't even looked at Sirius since the fight we had the night of the full moon. James and Peter.. Well I don't talk to them, but I'm not specifically avoiding them either. Remus I talk to, but our conversations tend to be when were alone, and he's mostly with the other three. Lily is the only one I really talk to, along with Alice, Marlene and Mary.
"I can't wait to actually come back to school, it's so much more interesting than at home!" Alice smiles as we flop down in our compartment. "And we've got the match after the holidays!" I add as I throw my trunk on the rack. "And our OWL's." Marlene says quietly. "And our OWL's." Lily agrees. "We're going to have so much work to do!" Mary sighs. "Ye but McGonagal is a bit stuck, I think. She wants us to to well in our OWL's, but knowing McGonagal, she might ease up on the work for a week or so. Se wants Gryffindor to win the quidditch cup just as much as we do." I say.
"Okay, well, I'll see you soon!" I tell Lily, hugging her goodbye before heading to my parents and Remus.
"Arya?" My mother asks, coming in. "Yes?" I smile at her, looking up from my book. "Remus is bringing over his friends, you know them. And you're father and I are going to work, we'll be back later. Bye darling." She smiles at me, leaving the room. Great. The one person I really don't want to see is the one coming over. "River?" Remus says quietly, coming into my room. "Yeah Remus?" I smile at him. "So.. I know you don't want to see Sirius or James, but they are my friends, and-" "Remus. It's fine." I say, cutting him off. "It would be incredibly immature of me to stop you. They're you're best friends, don't worry about it. Honestly." Remus smiles at me happily, before closing the door and answering the doorbell. "What did you do?" Peter voice asks incredulously from the living room as I walk downstairs. "I just got sick of it. And ran off." Sirius' voice says casually. "I can't believe you got disowned." Remus says quietly. "I can't believe you went to my house." James says, and I can hear the grin in is voice. I open the door and walk through, trying not to look like Sirius' is bothering me. His dark eyes glance at me as I walk past, lingering for a minute before he returns to their conversation. The other three are quiet, sensing the awkwardness. I don't know if Sirius told them what happened, but they know that Sirius and I aren't speaking, and that that means I can barely talk to them, because they're always together. "Hello." I smile at them, trying not to immature. I don't want to ignore them, I really don't. "Hi." James smiles at me, and Peter mumbles and awkward hello. Sirius looks at me and holds my gaze. "How's it goin'?" He asks casually, and I can tell he doesn't care. "Great." I tell him, walking into the kitchen.
The Easter Holidays pass by quickly, Remus deciding to see his friends at James' house. I do homework and write to Lily, nothing exciting. Finally the morning dawns when I go back to Hogwarts, and I hug my parents goodbye and board the train with Remus.