Chapter 22

3rd POV

"It's different when they broadcast the matches on TV after all, huh? So many people talked to me on my way here!" Mina said excitedly while most of the others agree with her.

"I'm glad that I live within the campus, don't like to deal with people in the early morning..." a certain otaku thought to herself as the door slide open to reveal their sleep deprived teacher.

"Morning." he said without any energy at all."

"Good morning!" almost everyone in the class replied.

"Good to see your bandages off, Aizawa Sensei." Tsuyu commented.

"The old lay's treatment was excessive" Aizawa said/complained.

"That's kinda true..." (Y/n) said to herself, remembering that Aizawa was only slightly hurt.

"But never mind that. Today we've got hero informatics class. And a special one at that." the teacher said, causing most of the class to start worrying. "You'll be coming up with your hero aliases." and the whole class shouted in excitement, excluding a certain grenade.

"But first.. Concerning the pro draft picks I mentioned the other day..." Aizawa said while his quirk flared to quiet the class down. "It's based on who the pros think will be ready to join the hero workforce after another two or three years of experience... so you could say that it's a way for them to show interest in your futures. But there's ample time for their interest to wane before you graduate, and any and all offers can be arbitrarily revoked. It happens quite often."

"So if we're picked now, that just means there'll be higher hurdles in the years to come!" Hagakure said.

"Yes. now, here are the complete draft pick numbers." Aizawa said and numbers popped up on the board. "There's typically more of a spread, but our top there stole most of the spotlight."

Class A draft pick totals

(Y/n): 4785

Todoroki: 4123

Bakugo: 3456

Tokoyami: 360

Iida: 31

Kaminari: 272

Yaoyorozu: 108

Kirishima: 68

Uraraka: 20

Sero: 14

"Gah! They're in a whole other league!" Kaminari complained.

"These pros have no eyes for talent." Aoyama huffed.

"Didn't they get second and third place backwards?" Kirishima asked.

"Guess they were just scared of the guy who had to be held back by another student." Sero said

"What the heck are the pros doing getting intimidated?!" Bakugou shouted.

"Or they just don't want to babysit some child with anger issue." (Y/n) added from the back.

"Urusai! I don't have anger issue!" Bakugou shouted at the girl.

"Look who's talking." the girl retorted as she laid back on her chair.

"With that settled... whether you were picked or not. You will all have a chance to work alongside the pros. It's true that you all have already experienced more than most, but seeing the pros in action and taking part themselves will still be worthwhile training." Aizawa explained as the class sat in excitement. "They're only tentative, but you still want to pick something appropriate..."