at the swimming baths..

Louis' P.O.V:

"Lou, I don't feel right, leaving the baby, will he be okay? Oh god I don't think i'm ready to leave him yet, what if something happens, what if he cries, what if he needs me, what i-"

"Beth, listen to me hes going to be fine, my Mum knows how to take care of a baby ya know. Now come on put on your shoes, Niall and Lilly will be waiting for us!"

This was the first time the baby would be left alone without me or Beth, and I must admit, I didn't like it, but we had to leave him sometime, and besides hes nearly 4months old now.

I drove me and Beth to the swimming pool, where we would also be meeting Lilly and Niall. We hadn't had a day out in a while with the baby and everything, so I thought we could do something child-ish that we all loved, swimming.

When me and Beth were friends when we were little she would always tell me how she loved swimming, how she went almost every week with Lilly. One time I went with them, and she was an amazing swimmer, but that day was amazing, it was when we was younger, when nothing else mattered, we used to have races and play tig in the pool or see who could stay under water for the longest. The best memory of me and Beth though was again at the swimming baths, but this time we went with school..

*Flashback*

"How you feeling?" I asked Beth who was sat next to me looking outside the window.

"Nervous, Lou i'm so scared!"

"Don't be, you'll be amazing, you've trained hard! So what if there's like 6 other schools there, it doesn't mean they're better!" I tried to comfort her the best I could, by wrapping her into my arms and stroking the top of her head.

"DO YOU TWO GO OUT YET LOUIS?!" I heard Tony shout from the back of the bus.

"NO! WERE JUST FRIENDS SHUT IT!" I shouted back at him angrily. God I hated my class, they always think me and Beth are dating when were not, were just good friends. I don't want to date anyone anyway, I mean who would? I've seen most of my friends get with a girl then after a while they just don't speak anymore, like nothing ever happened, I don't want that with anyone, never mind Beth.

As the bus pulled up outside our local swimming baths, I noticed the sun was starting to shine through the clouds, and by the time the competition is over, it should be a beautiful afternoon. I helped Beth out of the bus and we made our way inside, I noticed by the time we was in reception Beth was shaking with nerves.

"Beth, its going to be okay, do your best, i'll be waiting at the end of the pool."I whispered into Beth's ear just before we had to part ways so she could get ready.

I walked with Lilly and her friends to where we would be sitting to watch Beth swim, we sat at the side near the end of the pool, ready to cheer Beth when she won. I know she would I don't know anyone faster than her.

I watched as her other competitors took their place besides Beth. Beth looked a little more confident now, she looked focused before she took her dive, and then she was off. She was swimming down the track like a rocket, another girl not too far behind, but I know she wouldn't let her pass, but she was slowly catching up with her. Towards the end of the race all of my school was on their feet wanting to catch a glimpse of who won, as there was practically nothing between them.

When Beth got out the water, she was placed with a 2nd medal around her head, but I didn't believe she had lost, i'm sure she had touched the wall first. I noticed also Beth looked a little surprised but she seemed to shrug it off, but I couldn't stand to watch her get what she didn't deserve.

"Urm, excuse me, are you the judge?" I asked a women who was stood not too far from me.

"Yes, is there a problem young man?"