17. Gone

"Excuse you," some random student sassed as I squeezed through a crowd of students who were worriedly surrounding the school bus as officers were searching the area. Or they just felt that waiting for something bad to happen would be beneficial to their lives. Like, for example, a student that maybe blown up with even the slightest movement over the bomb. Sadly, that's how I felt about 'the pack'. Maybe we were just a bunch of teenagers waiting for something bad to happen. What if we can't stop it? What if once we got close to actually solving it, it just blew up in our faces and we would loose the game?

"Get em out of here! Back those kids up, MOVE!" I heard Sherrif order as students began running the opposite direction away from the potential blown up school buses. I was standing between tensed Scott and Stiles, watching as students spread behind us towards the school.

"You wait for the bomb squad," I heard sherif whisper to Perrish, trying to convince him not to board the lethal bus.

"I'm a certified HTD. Two years in the army. We can at least find out if this things real," Parish explained while grabbing bags out of a truck and slamming the trunk.

"Parish, what are you doing," I mumbled to myself almost inaudible as I furrowed my eyebrows at him, crossed my arms and bit my lip. He looked over at me then at sherif as if second guessing himself and took a huge breath. He then licked his lips before venturing into the bus.

Parish looked terrified. Sheriff looked terrified. I was terrified. Especially since I got this feeling that someone was going to get hurt. A feeling deep down in the pit of my stomach that I would somewhat try to ignore, but wouldn't go away. I held my breath and closed my eyes as I tried to listen to Parish talk to the traumatized boy in the bus whose heart beat was beating a million miles per hour.

"Jared, it would be very helpful if you'd resist throwing up on the potential exploding devise. Can you do that for me?" Parish calmed, approaching the boy.

"I think so," he stammered out after heavily gulping.

"You- you look really-"

"Handsome? Thank you. For a second there I thought you were gonna say I look really young and I was going to have to launch into my explanation on about how I am actually 24 and that anyone can look young if they eat right and exercise." I rolled my eyes at Parish's method to 'change the subject.'

"Although it's just good genes anyway right?" Jared took a sharp breath as I heard a clip, as if Parish had already opened the box.

"Huh..." He mumbled to himself.

"It's not a bomb sir but there is something in the box," I heard Parish's voice blast through sherif's radio. Scott and I shared confused looks before looking back at the bus, hearing a loud smack through the back window of the bus.

Parish held up a name tag that read, Officer Lester.

I squinted my eyes and blinked repeatedly. The twins, Scott and I all looked at Stiles then I found that they all looked at me.

Why would Stiles put my dad's name tag in the box? Was he trying to tell us something? Was this part of the game?

Then it occurred to me; the bomb is at the police station. I knew the boxes that came had something to do with this.

I think sherif got the same idea because he nodded at me and took out his phone once I stated,

"The Sherif's station."

________

"Get me an ambulance here at the Sheriff's Station we've got an explosion! We've got multiple officers down, multiple officers down! We need an ambulance! ASAP!"