1. The News

this chapter is being edited and such so bear with me. Also I apologize how much this chapter utterly sucks :) it gets better I promise! Enjoy

Do you ever get that feeling? You know, that one feeling where the conversation you are about to have will 'change your life forever'? Let's just say I had that feeling the moment my parents forced us to plop onto the couch for what my mom calls an 'important family meeting'. These meetings never existed before, so it made me a bit curious to why we would even have one in the first place.

And also angry at the fact she would tear me away from my computer.

"We are what?!"

Okay, so maybe I over exaggerated, but moving was a huge step for me. I've lived in LA for as long as I remembered, I couldn't imagine living anywhere else. This is my home. My little brother didn't look too excited about the news either by the way his eyebrows furrowed together under his helmet hair. My parents glanced at each other nervously before my mom spoke.

"I'm sorry Sam, we knew that you would be angry. But that won't change the fact that we are moving. You're father got an amazing job oppertunity and we don't want to loose it."

I sat on our brown leather couch with my arms crossed, looking at the ceiling, wishing that life didn't exist. You know the typical teenager way of dealing with situations like this.

"Have you thought about my school, friends, I mean it's my junior year of high school!"

"Yeah and I'm finally starting to do great in lacrosse!" Kale shrieked, flailing his arms around.

"I mean that's not true, but it's Kales first year of highschool!" I pointed out, putting my hand on his head teasingly.

Just about when Kale was going to argue back my dad yelled,

"You act like we're moving all the way to Canada! We are just moving to Beacon Hills, which is still in California."

He had a point, but what was so great about this Beacon Hills, other than the fact that my dad got an amazing job opportunity? I mean, think about your children.

The next 20 minutes were just of me and kale making matters worse by ranting to them of how life sucks and life isn't fair. I think my parents were about done with our rant once my mother and father shouted,

"WE'RE MOVING AND ITS FINAL!"

↣↣↣↣↣↣↣

And then it hit me.

We were actually moving.

I thought maybe it was a nightmare I was having; packing all the photos on my wall, packing all my clothes, packing my books, packing my childhood toys, oh wait... More packing. But the worst thing of all, was the fitting in part. I've never been to a new school and had to make friends, so that was a new one.

I definitely didn't want to be the new girl. Especially new girl thoughts like, "What if they don't like me?"

I did what any resourceful person would do and searched up Beacon Hills on the computer. The first thing that popped up was an old brick school, surrounded by more trees then my school was surrounded by in L.A. It looked pretty normal, the only thing that I didn't like being that the mascot is the 'Cyclones'.

I clicked my computer off and slammed it shut, closing my eyes and trying to remind myself that it's not a big deal.

The thing was, I didn't cope with new things well. The time I transferred from a little 8th grader to 9th grade memory formed in my head, and I was a shy shaky mess. I've had anxiety like Tourette's syndrome for a while, accept I didn't shout cuss words or rapidly blink. I've learned to control it, but it still comes uncontrollably.

This didn't make me very 'popular' in school. Not that being popular was a goal of mine. I was good just having a few friends here in there, and maybe some classmates. Being non existent in school involved activities didn't exactly help the popularity part either.

I just hoped this school would either just completely ignore me or just plain and simple accept me.

Beacon Hills High. Can't wait.

≪≪≪≪≪≪≪≪≪≪≪≪≪≪≪≪≪≪≪≪≪≪≪≪≪

Authors note:

Yay! First chapter

If you have been reading this story and just so happens to be rereading it, thank you by the way, you would notice that this chapter is a little bit different then the last. And also a bit shorter. I decided to completely cut out Summer, supposedly Sam's 'best friend' at her old school. She just had nothing to do with the plot and was just a random character.

Sorry for murdering Summer... RIP

If youre not an old reader-

welcome!

Anyways, I'm going to do Author Notes at the end of each chapter! They will be short and sweet. So, once you see those little arrows or dashes that means it's the end of the chapter 👍

What do you think of the characters so far? OH! And I didnt make it super clear in this chapter, but the dad is a cop. At first, I was going to make her parents hunters, but i decided to... not.

Wow I have great explainations.

Well, that's it! See ya at the end of the next chapter

~Ricki