10. Ninja Hunt

"It was looking... Right into his soul," Argent explained, staring off into oblivion as Allison was wiping the blood off of his forehead. Scott brought me to Agent's house to gather more information about these things, or what Argent calls Oni, we attacked at Derek's loft.

"That's the same thing they did to me," Isaac added.

"That's what they did to everyone," Allison interupted, wiping off the excess blood stains on Argents head.

"Not everyone. They came only came out for the werewolves," Scott informed.

"And Lydia," I sighed, looking at him with raised eyebrows, sitting in the chair next to Scott, playing with my fingers as the subject dragged on.

"Anyone with a connection with the supernatural," Argent added, glancing at Scott and I.

"Then who's the guy they went after in Japan?" Isaac asked with a raised eyebrow, rubbing his hands in discomfort. Argent took a deep breath, continuing to stare off into space.

It was a Yakuza boss, Chris's first gun deal. He was only 18. It was supposed to be a simple exchange, except Gerard didn't tell him that the buyers were Yakuza. Gerard wanted to see him adapt to the moment and test his ability to improvize.

"Or your ability to survive," Allison corrected, continuing to fix his wound. He ignored her comment, gulping by the memory.

He informed us that the moment the sun went down, the Oni materialized because they can't be out during the day. They had swords that weren't curved like katanas, but were instead straight black steel, or what he called ninjatō.

"What did they want?" Scott asked.

He told us that the Oni were after the kumichō, or boss. The yakuza henchmen riddled the Oni with bullets, but that didn't stop their onslaught.

"They cut down any living thing in their way," He finished as we sat there in awe.

"Did they mark him like they did us?" Isaac asked, searching for the imprint number five on the back of his neck.

"Well... not exactly."

As I listened to Argent's description, I found myself closing my eyes. I was then standing in a courtyard battle field, spotting a man that grew silver sharp teeth. I stood there uncontrollably shaking as the sound of gunshots and the sight of eerie fog surrounded me. He was narling at something, which I couldn't see. The next thing I knew, he was being lifted up by swords by the Oni, blood trickling down in the fountain below him.

I snapped open my eyes, breathing heavily, feeling the need to scream. Scott and Isaac were looking at me in confusion as they leaned forward, staring at me until I said something.

"Sam, are you-"

"I'm fine," I snapped, answering Scott.

"What was he?" I changed the subject, looking back at Argent who was confused as the rest of them.

"I don't know. But there might be someone who does. There are a few others that survived that night one of them was a man names Kotashi. They called him silver finger because of the unusual prosthetic." He informed me.

I closed my eyes unwillingly, just letting the vision play, standing in my he same place I was before except directly behind an Oni. The Oni was flipping, threatening a man who was crouched on the ground, somehow hurt. He moved his hand, which showed a silver finger on his finger, and struggled to get up.

"And it looked like he was getting ready to take them all on himself," Argents voice sounded as I visioned the man looking at the Oni in anger as it approached him. Suddenly, there was sound of a bullet breaking the air and hitting the Oni in the mask, shattering it into tiny pieces.