13. Alone

This is estimately the 50th time I've been at the Beacon Hills hospital. I've only lived here for about 3 weeks. I could never get used to the place, or any hospital for that matter. Hospitals will forever and always creep me out, but this one would beat all of the creepy hospitals I've been to in my lifetime, especially from all the experiences I've had here in this lovely town. Scott and I slouched on 2 of the many hard chairs in the hospital, waiting for news about Stiles.

We stayed silent waiting for Mr. Stilinski, too worried about Stiles to say anything. Once we heard footsteps approaching us, we shot our heads up and stood the moment we realized it was Mr. Stilinski who kept his head down and his hands stuffed into his pockets.

"He's sleeping now. And he's just fine," he reassured, glancing between Scott, me, Melissa, and Agent. We all let out a sigh of relief.

"He doesn't remember much, it's been like a dream to him." I was relieved that maybe he didn't remember, especially because I was part of that "dream."

Mr. Stilinski looked at Angent and I before saying, "Thank you." Before I could respond, Agent butted in.

"It was that repellent we sprayed in the coyote den to keep other animals out," Agent concluded. Scott and I looked at the ground, knowing that there was more to that little connection he was making."I couldn't go near it without my eyes watering."

"It's just a good thing he mentioned it over the phone."

"It was more than that," Sherif negated. Now I understood why Sherrif knew everything before Agent. Sherif was one step ahead because he knows about the supernatural in this town, which basically makes up for half the crime in Beacon Hills.

"It was a lucky connection," Agent argued back.

"McCall, can you shut up please and accept my sincerest gratitude," Sheriff sighed in aggravation.

Agent paused a few moments, making it almost too long to make a simple decision. I was getting put up with how childish he's being.

"Just do it," I grumbled agrily. Agent McCall glared at me before sighing," Apoligy accepted." And shaked his hand.

"Alright you two. You have school in less than 6 hours, go to sleep," she told us, hugging Scott. I looked down while he let go of the hug, feeling a little awkward. Sheriff Stilinski patted my shoulder before Scott grabbed my hand and tugged me down the dim hospital hallway.

"I don't know what happened. Lydia was so sure he was in the Eichen House basement..."

"All that matters is that he's okay." Scott breathed out.

"Scott, I don't know if I can handle this." I choked out while stopping, feeling my eyes water up.

"I'll help you," he soothed, putting a hand on my back. "We just have to help Stiles. And- and I'll show you how to control it. I promise." I believe Scott, I really do, but he needs to help Stiles. He's the main priority at this second.

All the sudden, I heard this sound. It was like a hammer hitting metal. I frantically looked around, trying to find the source of it.

"Sam, do you hear something?"

It got slower, and then came to a stop.

"No," I breathed out, looking at Scott. I did hear it. I just decided to ignore it. Scott would help me with the whole werewolf controlling, but I'm not so sure he would understand the Banshee part. Heck, Lydia has no idea what to do either.

"I didn't hear anything."

-------------

"Hey... You're usually a faster than me. What's wrong?" Kale asked as he waited for me at my locker.