4. Rabid... Werecoyote?

"Could you please turn that down!?" I shouted in annoyance covering my ears.

Mom shot her hands up in surrender before twisting the knob to turn down that racket Kale likes listening to.

"What?! But the volume wasn't even that loud!" Kale argued pointing to the volume settings while looking at mom in grief. "See! I told you she was being a-"

"Oh shut up Kale!" I interrupted." At least I'm not an annoying little pri-"

"KIDS!" My mother yelled skidding to a stop on the side of the road. We both widened our eyes and looked at stressed out mom. She had to deal with us 24/7, which I'm starting to feel bad about. "Could you two just get along for 5 more minutes? School is just around the corner", she reasoned with us.

I crossed my arms with a huff and gazed out the window. Maybe I didn't feel that bad. I mean she did ground me, which is not even my fault.

Trees. Oh look trees. Wait guess what? More trees. Every time I saw one I had the need to barf.

Last night was a blur. A terrifying and painful blur. I woke up more groggy than ever, had close to no sleep, dreamt freaky nightmares, and on top of that, I was starting a new school at 8 in the morning. Then it had me thinking;

What if that insane ancient Asian lady was right? What if I was bitten by something that wasn't... Normal?

I was pulled out of my deep thoughts once my mother skidded to a stop. Before my mother could say anything, I gathered up all my stuff, which was in my moms embarrassing jumbo van that you could fit 5 families in, and I slipped out of that sucker.

Before fast waking away to the front entrance of the school, my mom rolled her window down and shouted , "Wait for your brother!"

I rolled my eyes and slowly strolled back to the red van. "Hurry up you goof" I said while looking around to see if any student could tell that I was once a passenger in the van. He was struggling to get his sports bag out of the back trunk. 'I mean can you be any slower?' I thought, embarrassed.

"Got it!" He screamed in victory before catching up to me.

"Bye!" I screamed enthusiastically to my mom, hoping that would get rid of her.

____________________________________________________________

"Would you slow down?!" Kale asked trying to catch up to me.

"Nope." I stated simply." You'll just have to keep up."

To be honest, I felt a lot faster than usual. Maybe it was something I ate, but my normal pace was like my rushing pace.

We were rushing down the hallways with 'we're newbys' written all over our faces.

All of the sudden, I heard voices as if they were talking right next to me. I looked over the lockers to see that they were all the way across the hall.

"Yeah. The office is to the right after you turn the corner. You can't miss it." It sounded like an administrator, so I took the directions.

"Hey Kale, this way."

When we got there, kale said in surprise, "Woah, how did you know where the office was... so fast?"

"They had a school map... Duh." I lied.

"Okay so we have 15 minutes until class starts. Go get your schedule and then get to your class. Good to be early on your first day. Now go, you're embarrassing." I explained.

He rolled his eyes and strolled into the office.

____________________________________________________________