12. Unsolved Case

5. The number 5 was all I could see. It was written in red, surrounding me and covering the walls. I couldn't put a pin on where I was. It almost looked like... A basement? A very creepy one I might add.

For some reason I wasn't scared. Sure I was panting, but that was only because I felt like the oxygen was sucked out of that claustrophobic place. Usually I would be terrified in a place like this; almost pitch black, damp, freezing cold basement that could possibly store dead bodies, but I knew it wasn't real. They say that if you have an extra finger it's a dream. So, I counted my fingers to myself. I had 11 fingers so I was guessing it was a dream. I was learning to just let my weird visions and dream take control.

I explored the place, drawn to this particular number 5 written in white chalk near these pipes in the corner of the basement. I examined it slowly, placing my hand on it. The moment I touched it, a series of whispers and screams filled the room. I flinched, moving my hand away from it immediately. I gazed around frantically, trying to figure out how to stop the screaming. Then, a moment after as if right next to my ear, someone screamed bloody murder, "HELP ME!"

There was no doubt in my mind that it was Stiles.

-----

I woke up, immediately shooting up into a sitting position. It was my usual frantic panting, kind of like the one from my vision.

The whole Oni thing was still plastered in my mind. I don't think I would ever get rid of the image of those demonic ninjas.

My phone started ringing, pulling me from my freaking out stage. I checked the caller ID and didn't recognize the number. Quickly putting the phone on my ear I answered it, confused to why someone would call me this late.

"Hello..." I hesitated. Static and shaky breathing was all I got in response. I swear if this is Kale...

"Hello?" I asked a bit louder, starting to get aggravated with all this creepiness.

"Sam?" His voice was shaky just like his breathing and on the verge of tears. I know who this is.

"Stiles? Is that you? Are you okay?" I breathed out, ripping the covers off of me and hopping out of bed.

"Sam, I don't know where I am, I- I don't know how I got here. I think I was sleep walking. Scott's not answering his phone."

"Okay, um... Can you see anything- tell me what you see." I hurried out, swiping the hair out of my face.

"I don't know it's dark. It's hard to see. Oh no...there's something wrong with my-"

"Hello? Stiles?!" I hissed, covering my other ear thinking that would somewhat help. I removed the phone from my ear to see if the call disconnected.

The call disconnected. I tried to call him back. "Hey," Stiles began as if he just came back from a trip in Disney Land.

"Stiles?!" I hissed, trying not to wake my family up. Especially not my father, knowing that he doesn't particularly like Stiles.

"This is Stiles and you've missed me." Really? I mean who starts with "hey" as their voice mail? But I also had another question running thorough my mind for a split second;

How did Stiles get my number?

The next ten minutes I spent frantically running back and forth in my room, repeatedly calling Stiles which was a bust. Before I dialed to warn Scott, my radio was going staticky, even though it was off.

I furrowed my eyebrows, staring at it I'm confusion. A series of what sounded like Japanese or some other language started blasting through the speaker. I gulped, holding my fingers in front of my face just to make sure this wasn't one of my realistic dreams.