Chapter 14: Like In The Movies

Chapter 14: Like In The Movies or Homecoming

Collage of everyone at Homecoming!! Cember and Hunter at the top. Anna and Tristan at the bottom. You can decide what they wear off to the side! PLEASE COMMENT AND VOTE! AGAIN Hunter will not be having his POV. There will only be 3rd. Person's povs. Next chapter I hope to have more emotion from Hunter. lol

"The way I see it, is you either succeed or continue to fail. Either way you're still learning something about youself and how to deal with certain situations."-Me

December’s Pov.(Not edited,not even re-read)

He blinked at me; reading my face to detect a joke or something but this wasn’t one. “What?”

“I saw Ryan today. I was at the dress store and I looked out the window and there he was.” I swallowed again, looking down at my hands and then back up at him. His hazel eyes swirled with disbelief and his hand on my arm tightened a little. It wasn’t a harsh grab but more of a ‘protective grab’ if that makes any sense. His hand was warm and his grip was firm as if letting me know that everything was going to be okay. But he didn’t know that and neither did I.

He blinked again before getting up and heading towards the window. Was he just going to leave without telling me what was going on? No! He was not getting away with that. I could take not knowing some things because he wasn’t ready, but this wasn’t one of them.

I got up quickly and he was already at the window lifting it up. I pulled on his arm before he could even get one leg out. “Hunter, what’s going on? You can’t just not tell me, when it has something to do with me.”

His eyes flickered to my hand that was securely holding onto his arm and up to my face. He stood straight and started to walk closer and I backed up till my back touched the wall. He placed his hand on the sides of my head and leaned his head down to look me in the eye.

“I don’t want you to worry about it, Cember. He doesn’t matter and I’ll make sure he doesn’t bother you again.” He leaned down pressing a kiss to my forehead, lingering for about 3 seconds before lifting up again leaving me dazed. He shot me a small smile before leaving my room through the window.

When I finally snapped out of it I ran towards the window to see him already reaching the street and looking down at his damn phone again. With an aggravated sigh I plopped onto my bed, over-thinking until I fell asleep.

The week passed by slowly and it wasn’t until Thursday that Hunter decided to show up and by then I was so angry it wasn’t even funny.

I really had no reason to be angry at him. His family wasn’t my business and it wasn’t his duty to be around me 24/7 but rather I wanted to admit it or not, I was worried about the idiot. He didn’t walk me to school, he didn’t sneak into my house, and he didn’t even leave any notes. Well he did leave one but it was cryptic as could be. It only said ‘I’ll be watching.’ Whatever the hell that meant. It didn’t even look like his normal notes. It looked messier and wasn’t on a post-it-note, it was on a regular sheet of torn paper. But I figured he was in a rush.

I didn’t see Tristan that often either, and when I did I didn’t want to seem like I cared too much about Hunter so I didn’t ask. I mean it’s only been like four days that was less than a week and I didn’t want to seem like I needed to know anything or was being clingy.

That Thursday morning he was sitting on the curb in front of my house, which was bold seeing as my Uncle has been patrolling the mornings since the last time I saw him.

“Hey October, how’s life been going?” Something about him seemed off; different. He looked tired or at least somewhat exhausted. He was wearing black jeans with a black hoodie and a pair of Nikes, but it looked a little rushed and slouchy.