Chapter 1: As Cute As A Baby's Sneeze

"Sometimes what we need in life is not what we want and sometimes you have to learn that the hard way."

(I make these quotes myself unless stated otherwise.) Comment +Vote It'll get better.

December’s Pov.

School the next day was interesting to say the least. On my normal daily walk to school I saw Hunter across the street heading in the same direction. Where was his old black motorcycle he usually rode to school? I looked down at the gray pavement in deep concentration noting the intricate speckles of different colors in the concrete.

I tried not to glance in his direction on my way, but like Eve and the apple; temptation is a hard thing to resist. Every time I would cast my eyes in his direction and he would be looking at his phone intently. As I was reaching the stop sign before the school building came up, I glanced over at him but this time I was caught. A small smirk slithered onto his face and I immediately regretted my decision. I don’t know what made me look over at him. Perhaps because walking to school was such a normal thing to do, and nothing about Hunter was normal.

I mean he wasn’t a super outgoing person, but he wasn’t a suffer in silence quiet person either. I’ve never really been around him long enough to tell, but from what my uncle tells me; he’s pretty obnoxious. Which is just another reason why should stay away from him, we were just too different.

I crossed the street as fast as I could and met up with Anna. I mean it seemed like I was fleeing a crime scene but I had to make it out and away from him as soon as possible. To him it probably looked like I was afraid of him; but I wasn’t. I don’t think. I was just afraid of what he was capable of. I’ve heard plenty of rumors about Hunter and Tristan, but my uncle gave me these strict instructions, though he never told me why.

Our school was a nice brick building with glass windows everywhere to give it a un-prison-like look. Though it was basically a prison, I mean what school wasn’t?

I was too preoccupied with my thoughts that I didn’t realize that Anna was talking to me till she snapped in my face. “December, December” she repeated until she finally gained my attention.

“Sorry Anna. Yeah?” I said looking at her face which was filled with confusion.

“What’s up with you?” She asked continuing to walk and pulling out a piece of strawberry gum.

“I don’t know, just a little out of it today.” I replied with a shrug, to be honest I was thinking about my encounter with Hunter though it was small, I think its better that we never actually talked at all.

“Well get into it, we have a Math test. But what’s been on your mind?” She asked blowing a bubble with her gum; her eyebrow was raised in question. Just because Anna wasn’t assertive it didn’t mean she wasn’t a girl and a dirty-thinker. More or less she’d voice her opinions to me about people to spare their feelings.

“Nothing really. I mean it nothing, I’m just pissed about that Hunter never brought my chips.” A little white lie never hurt anyone, I know she’s my best friend but something’s aren’t worth mentioning and Hunter was one of them. It wasn’t like I was going to talk to Hunter ever again, everything that happen was settled when he brought my chips last night to my house. Plus Anna would make a big deal out of the fact that Hunter knew where I lived, of course she wouldn’t snitch on me to my uncle but she would lecture me on things I already knew and wasn’t going to let happen.

“Yeah, but you got to think about it this way December. This is Hunter we’re talking about, you didn’t really expect for him to come through did you?” But he did, surprisingly. “Anyway, it doesn’t matter; your uncle gave us strict instructions to never interact with him anyway. He’s irrelevant to who we will be.” I gave her a small smile and a nod because she was right.