Chapter 13: Your Lips Are Dry

Chapter 13: Your Lips Are Dry or Just Leafing Around

BANNER MADE BY bookworm3196 THANKKSS SO MUCH!

Comment and Vote! (Kind of a filler, kind of not) Oh and dont be mad at December on her thought processes right now, she's very stuck on the plan but a certain boy keeps tampering.

"Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive."-Elbert Hubbard

December’s Pov.

I slowly traipsed down the stairs and into the living room where my parents sat idly, reading a magazine and watching TV. My Uncle walked in a few seconds later muttering something under his breath.  When his eyes landed on me, at the stairs he narrowed them questioningly.

I was hoping this wasn’t a time where my parents would say something about Hunter. I silently prayed they wouldn’t.

“Do you know him?” Was his simple question, analyzing my face for any detection of a lie.

“I’ve seen him before, around school.” I replied; he wouldn’t be able to detect a lie because technically it wasn’t one. He nodded his head gruffly before joining my parents in the living room. I just went to the kitchen grabbing a Capri Sun and heading back to my room.

Hunter never came back that evening, and honestly I was a bit confused on why he didn’t. I know my Uncle didn’t scare him, because let’s get real; Hunter is impossible to intimidate. I thought about going over his house and I even started to put on my shoes before I thought about what happen last time I tried that.

Which got me to thinking; who was Ryan? What did he want with me? Why did Hunter not want me to know him? What did the boys mean by ‘Hunter won’t let him get to you’? I released my shoes and sauntered back up to my room. I didn’t want to bring it up to Hunter yet because for one, I wasn’t supposed to know. And for two, although he likes me around he didn’t trust me completely; with a life like his I wouldn’t blame him.

He didn’t even sneak into my room that night; I didn’t want him to, of course. But I mean it was expected since he did it so often.

I let my thoughts drift to him once again. He seemed to take up a vacancy; living there for the past two months.  I rolled my eyes at the reoccurring thoughts about the hazel eyed devil and looked over to my wall to see my calendar. I had nothing lined up, but my eyes caught onto a bright red circle for next Saturday.

Homecoming.

I never went to those because I didn’t really care for them, but this is my last year of high school so I was going to make the most out of it. I had to go get a dress with Anna one of these days out of the week. Whether I wanted to or not my mind drifted to Hunter. Would he be going? I know these types of things weren’t his thing, and I couldn’t picture him in a dress shirt and slacks anyway. That’d be a sight to see. I shrugged it off and turned over to go to sleep.

***

On our walk to school Hunter was quieter than usual. I didn’t ask him about it because he looked more in deep thought than sad. Whenever he would catch me staring I would shoot him a small smile and look away. I wonder what was bothering him.

When we arrived to school he gave me a small smile, pinched my hip before him and Tristan walked in the opposite direction of school. I was so confused on what the hell was going on. Anna gave me a questioning look and all I could do was shrug. He didn’t show up for the class I had with him at the beginning of the day but he did for lunch but Tristan was nowhere to be seen.