Chapter 5: What Are You Doing Out So Late?

banner to the side made by Ohkamillaa! thanksss!  COMMENT AND VOTE!

"Its better to believe in something than to believe in nothing. Because belief means hope for something better."(me)

3rd Person’s  Pov.

Hunter walked away from the house of his new interest, December, and headed home. He kept an eye out for anyone lurking, especially December’s Uncle. She thought the best of him, and Hunter wouldn’t tell her otherwise until he felt that she trusted him enough. In Hunter’s eye she was a little too innocent for his taste, a little too closed in, a little too—the opposite of him. But there was something about her that entranced him. Maybe it was the fact that she resisted him, or that underneath that weirdness she was feisty, he didn’t know.

Hunter caught a smile appearing on his face at just the thought of her. He shook his head, and walked into his house. The lights were all off so it was obvious that everyone was already asleep.  He tip-toed inside hoping that he wouldn’t make a peep that would wake up his light-sleeping household.

He didn’t even make it past the living room before his mom flicked on the light momentarily blinding him. He shielded his eyes from the glowing light, and squinted his eyes down at the small woman in the Lazy-boy chair.

“Hey Mom,” He replied smoothly, sitting down on the couch nearest his mother. She slid a content to see him home, smile, onto her middle aged face.

“Hunter, where have you been? I hope staying out of trouble. I can’t keep bailing you out of jail for doing something stupid. And you know it’s bad for you being in this neighborhood with this being that Officer’s neighborhood.”

“Mom chill out, I’ve been fine. I haven’t gotten into trouble in weeks. I’m not trying to go back,” He sighed running a hand through his muddy colored hair. His hazel eyes were glistening like the moon, and he seemed to dispel his mother’s worry.

“What have you been up to then, if not trouble? And where’s Tristan he’s usually always with you?” She sipped her late night tea from her cup before sitting it on the coffee table. Hunter placed his hand on top of his mom’s with a small smile.

“He’s at home. I actually went on a date today.” He smirked at his mom, thinking about the girl with the big eyes and brown hair that lived only a couple blocks away. Her brown hair was about mid-back and her big brown eyes, she was very short compared to him, and was a normal skinny. She was a wide eyed wonder, somewhat like a baby doe; naïve and something that you couldn’t help but look at with awe. She didn’t seem to fear Hunter, like everyone else did. In fact she had the nerves to stand up to him, deliberately tell him to leave, and even make eye-contact with him. Most people didn’t even have the guts to stand near him, afraid of what they think he may have done to get put in jail.

“A date? You know what I’m not even interested in hearing. I’m going to bed.” His mother had enough of her son’s ‘dates’ come by to last a lifetime. She knew her son wasn’t the settling down type, despite the look in his eyes when he said date this time around.

Hunter helped his mom to her feet, hugged her, and watched her retreat to her room. He assumed his brother wasn’t home. He trudged to his bedroom not even bothering to remove his clothes, only his shoes and leather jacket.

As soon as he was allowing sleep to lull him into unconsciousness, he received a brutal assault to his ears from his phone. He grumbled and opened the message.

Peter said meet him at the docks

The text was from Tristan, he didn’t even bother replying he knew he had to be there or else. Hunter didn’t want his mom to hear him leaving from the front door so he opted on pushing up his window. He was on the ground floor so he had no trouble slipping out without a sound.