Chapter 11: It's Simple Arithmetic

Chapter 11: It's Simple Arithmetic or Other than Your Looks, I'm Talking Temperatures

Off to the side is Anna. I like to be diverse with my characters, but that doesnt mean you cant picture them how you want. Its whatever you want them to be. That's why I dont describe the main character, December, in depth. The next chapter will show you what Decemeber's room looks somewhat. COMMENT AND VOTE

Love does not begin and end the way we seem to think it does. Love is a battle, love is a war; love is a growing up.-James A. Baldwin

One of the most beautiful qualities of true friendship is to understand and to be understood.-Lucius Annaeus Seneca

December’s Pov.

It was quiet for a while, the only sound were our reverberating footsteps on the smooth, solid, and gray concrete. I was constantly scratching at my arms, they felt on fire! I looked up at Hunter who wasn’t looking at me. He seemed to be deep in his thoughts and not really there with me. I decided that I would keep quiet and he would talk in his own time.

When my house came into view, the day seemed to take a turn for the worse to fit the mood of Hunter. It was about three when we arrived at his house and when we left it was about 5 pm. It was getting darker, like it was about to rain.

“So I had fun today, December.” Hunter smiled but it didn’t reach his eyes like usually. I noticed another thing, he said my full name. He never does that, unless he’s being serious. So something was definitely wrong. Something was different about Ryan, and Hunter didn’t want me to meet him or know him.

“I enjoyed it too. Your mom is so nice and Muse is adorable.” I didn’t want to bring up Ryan, he obviously didn’t want to talk about it and I wasn’t going to force him.

“Yeah, they seemed to like you quickly. Especially Muse, she doesn’t warm up to people that soon. Usually it takes more than one meeting.” He looked up at the sky briefly while scratching his arm roughly. The clouds were no longer fluffy and inviting, they were blue and gloomy. The sun was hidden behind them, not wanting to be seen. The imagery shifted when the mood did, ironically. When he looked back at me he reached out a hand to my cheek and I don’t know why but I just let him. It wasn’t the hand he was using to scratch his arm.

He gave me a small side small and dropped his hand. “I’ll see you later, June.” Then he turned and walked away leaving me on the sidewalk in front of my house confused, itching, and a little angry.

I walked in the house to be greeted by my mom. I scratched my arms a little before waving at her and went into the kitchen to see her.

“December!” She gasped with her hand over her mouth. I was confused to what she was gasping about so I scratched my arms some more.

She smacked my hand away, “Moom, what was that for?”

“Don’t scratch it! That only irritates the rash, you’re just lucky that you’re only infected in two small areas. Now I’m going to run you a bath and you throw out those clothes.”

The next couple of days were like I was in quarantine. I had a mild case of poison oak or ivy, whatever I wasn’t really paying attention when my mom told me. It would only last a couple of days with the medicine. My mom didn’t let me leave the house and Hunter didn’t show up either. Where was he at? It was unlike him to not say anything to me for days. Anna has been delivering my homework for me since I couldn’t go to school.

“How’s everything at school?” I asked moving around in my uncomfortable bed. My mom went through extra precautions by plastic wrapping my whole room.