01

A/N : I'm not satisfied with this story. I wrote it during a big writers block so I guess that's why it isn't that great haha...
I'll still keep this up because after all, I made it.

So happy reading... I guess.

I've always been on my own. I haven't been able to rely on anyone except myself. My parents weren't really parents. Well biologically yes.. but nothing more than that. My parents have never done those ordinary "parent stuff" like reading books before bed, watching movies or tv together, going to a park or play, none of those normal things parents do with their children.

My parents stopped cooking for me when I was 7 and they have never followed me to any of the meetings with the school principal when I've started a new school. I started working when I was 12. Since then I've been working and going to school at the same time. The only thing they gave me was money... well the money they wanted to give me. They paid for food, school and the house, which was theirs but they were never home.

I've wanted to a home of my own for years. Somewhere I can be without having to deal with my "parents", somewhere I can build my own life, do what I want, and I think that I'll be able to do that soon. Well I hope so at least.

Anyway... that day I had been at school for 8 hours and I had to run from the bus to get to my work in time. The rain was pouring down so I was soaked when I entered the store. I apologised to my boss that sat behind the counter.

"It's fine Y/N, really. Go get changed and dry your hair. I'll stay until you're done." He said and smiled. He was always so nice to me.

"Thank you so much." I said and bowed slightly to the man.

I hurried into the locker room and got my wet clothes of me and changed into my warm and dry working uniform. I hung up my wet clothes and dried my hair with the red hairdryer.

15 minutes later I was done and went out to let my boss go home.

"Hello Mr. Kim, I am so so sorry you had to stay over today. It will not happen again I promise." I said and bowed to the man again. I felt him lay his hand on my shoulder.

"It's okay Y/N. It was no problem. And I know you have a hard time going on right now. Remember that me and my family is here to help you if you want it." He said and smiled at me.

"Thank you Mr. Kim. I'm really thankful to know that."

"Oh and Taehyung told me to say hi from him. He wants to see you, it's been so long since you've been able to hang out together." He said as he packed his stuff and left me the chair.

"Thank you again, Mr. Kim. And tell Taehyung that I wanna meet him too.. I just don't have time right now." He nodded and waved goodbye as he left trough the door.

The store was empty. But it was Tuesday after all. For some reason, no-one wants to go shopping on Tuesdays.

I connect my phone to the system and puts on some music.

(If you wanna follow my playlist on Spotify my username is LA-j Spotify and the playlist is named MY HEARTEU )

I hum along to the songs as I walk around in the store checking that everything was in place.

At 12. 30 I locked the doors and went to change back to my hopefully dry clothes.

It had been some costumers but not as many as any other day. It's really something special with Tuesday's.

As I was changing I got a call from my mother.

M- "Where are you?"
Y/N- "I'll be home soon. I'm at work."
M- "Okay. Dad and I just came home and there is no food in the fridge. Buy some on your way."
Y/N- " Please mother, I'm really tired and it's still raining."
I got no answer. I looked at the screen and saw that she already hung up. That woman is never changing, no matter how many times I try to talk to her.

I deside to ignore her order and finish getting dressed. When I'm about to walk out I see in umbrella at the door. It's Mr. Kim's yellow one. He always brings it IF it starts raining. He had put a sticky note on it. I picked it up and it said :

Y/N use this.
I know you live far away.
I don't want you to get sick.
See you tomorrow.

I couldn't help but smile at his kind gesture. I wish he was my dad. But I'm lucky to have him as my boss at least.

I walked to the bus station and waited for my bus. It was quite few busses this late so I had to wait a good 40 minutes for mine to come.

I had another half an hour bus ride before I was at my stop.

I waited for the bus to pass me before I crossed the road. And just when I reached the other side I saw this little orange cat who was trying to hide from the rain under a bench.

I approached him, careful to not scare him away

I approached him, careful to not scare him away. He looked at me with big eyes.

"It's okay" I whisper. And reached out my hand for him to smell me. After a few seconds he slowly took a step closer and stroke his head against my hand.

"Hi buddy, you don't like the rain either?" I said and pet his head. He started purring and pressed himself against my leg.

"You should hurry home. Your family is probably missing you. I know mine isn't." I said and stood up.

"Well I'm sorry but I need to go now." I waved at him before I started walking home.

Just a second later I noticed that the cat was walking next to me.

"You live this way too?" I said and smiled at him when he meowed.

When we reached my house he followed me up on the porch. I pet him a little before I went inside.

I was immediately met by my mother and father.

"Took you long enough." My father said.

"I'm starving. What did you buy?" Mother said.

"I didn't buy anything." I said knowing where this was gonna go.

"You didn't? What did you plan for us to eat then?" Mother said.

"Your mother clearly told you to buy food and you disobeyed her. What kind of daughter are you? You should respect your parents and help them. We are working our butt off and what are you doing?" Father said with his strong voice.

"You are a dishonor of our family!" Mother said loudly and turned around to leave.

"You wanna know what I do? I go to school so I can have a good future and I work so I can afford to pay for my own stuff! If there is someone who's a dishonor to our family it's the both of you! You say you are are "working" when you are actually playing around with the money you get from granddads company! I am tired of you! I'm moving out!" I screamed at them before I stormed passed them and into my room.

I took my most important things and threw them in my bag. Then I pressed down some clothes and grabbed the jar under my bad that I had all my saved money in and gently folded it in the clothes. I grabbed the bag and stormed out of the house.