Epilogue

2 Years Later

The small church sat on a rolling hill, overlooking the small town below it. The building itself was old, but held a certain “country charm” that endeared itself to the many couples that had joined in matrimony at its altar.

Today was no different in that instance. Inside the church, a happy bride and groom stood side by side at the altar, hardly listening to the priest that conducted their service. To the crowd gathered to witness their union, it was both amusing and endearing to see the young couple steal glances at one another, their smiles full of love.

“Please take your bride’s hand in yours,” the priest instructed the groom, his voice echoing around the room.

At these words, Kyuhyun gently took Misa’s hand and gave it a small squeeze. “I love you, angel,” he whispered, softly.

From her seat beside him in one of the church’s pews, Misa looked at him and smiled. “I love you, too, Kyu,” she whispered back, “Now, shush!” With a nod of her head, she motioned for him to pay attention to the ceremony at the altar.

He quietly chuckled and gave her a small peck on the cheek. The priest was now leading Misa’s cousin in her vows. “Do you think that could be us someday?” he whispered into her ear.

He saw her blush. “I’d like it to be,” she answered, softly, almost hesitantly.

“Really? You want to marry me?” Was that surprise she heard in his voice?

She fidgeted in her seat, embarrassed. “Well, we’ve been together for two years now, Kyuhyun,” she told him, “What do you think?” The heat from her blush crept from her cheeks and down her neck as she kept her eyes forward.

He was silent for a split second, then: “Do you promise?”

Surprised, she turned to look at him. He was grinning that silly, childlike grin of his. “Promise what?” she asked. She kept her voice low and moved closer to him, as not to bother the other wedding guests seated around them.

“To marry me,” Kyuhyun whispered, his mouth hovering near her ear. His breath tickled her ear, but it was his words that gave her shivers.

Stop it, Misa! she scolded herself, as she felt her heart hammering against her chest. He’s not actually asking you to marry him!

Snapping out of her thoughts, Misa rolled her eyes at him. “Yes, Kyuhyun,” she whispered, leaning closer to him, “I promise I’ll marry you.” She nudged his shoulder with hers. “Now, please pay attention!” she added, subtly pointing to the couple getting married at the top of the dais.

She heard him chuckle again, but he remained quiet for the rest of the ceremony.

A few moments later, the priest instructed the crowd to stand as he introduced the newly married couple. Both Kyuhyun and Misa stood, along with the rest of the couple’s family and friends, and clapped as the wedding party exited the church.

“Angel, do you have some gum?” Kyuhyun asked, turning towards her once the last of the wedding party had exited through the doors. Like them, some of the guests had remained in the church to avoid the rush in the parking lot to get to the reception hall down the hill.

“Gum?” she repeated, frowning. “I think I gave my last piece to Seungri to keep him quiet.” She grabbed her bag on the pew beside her and unzipped the top.

“Hey, little brother!” Mikko greeted Kyuhyun with a hearty slap to the back, as he and SoRi joined them. He was grinning. “Did the wedding give you any ideas?” he teased, making Misa stop what she was doing to stick her tongue out at him.