Chapter 11

Kyuhyun seemed changed after the night he'd run into Misa and her family, and his members immediately noticed. It wasn't a huge difference, but it was subtle enough to notice. He smiled a bit more and he didn't look quite sad when lost in his thoughts. In fact, he looked even more thoughtful, as if thinking something through. And most of all, he didn't flinch if anybody accidentally mentioned Misa's name.

"What's wrong with you?" Heechul asked him one day, as they returned to the dorms after a long morning of meetings. The SM Town Concert was coming up and preparations were well on their way. They, along with DBSK and SNSD, as well as some other guest singers, were slotted to perform.

Kyuhyun, who'd been quietly waiting for the elevator, turned to face him. "What?" he asked.

"Aish!" Heechul grumbled. "Not even listening!" He glared at the younger man. "I asked you what's wrong with you!" he repeated, poking him in the shoulder with his index finger. "You seem...happy!"

Kyuhyun laughed. "Oh, now I'm not allowed to be happy?" he retorted, grinning. When Heechul threatened to slap him, he just laughed again and darted behind Ryeowook. He stayed there until the elevator arrived, then followed everyone inside, keeping a safe distance from the glaring Heechul.

"Heechul is right," Eunhyuk said, as they rode up in the elevator. "You seem a lot happier nowadays; what exactly did Misa's brothers say to you?"

"I thought they would've threatened you," Sungmin added, truthfully.

Kyuhyun shrugged. "It wasn't a big deal," he answered. "They just told me to give Misa some time." It was partly true; he just didn't think telling them the rest was important. In fact, he was sure they would tell him to stop holding on and to just move on.

"Some time for what?" Donghae asked from the very back of the elevator. It made everyone jump. Up until now, Donghae had remained quiet; they'd almost forgotten he was there.

"Uh, the break-up?" Kyuhyun reminded him, giving him a look that clearly said, "Duh!"

Donghae scoffed. "She was the one who broke up with you!" he shot back. "What does she have to get over?" Oddly enough, out of all of the members, Donghae had taken the break-up hard, if not harder, than Kyuhyun. He seemed really angry at Misa and always scowled when her name was mentioned.

"You make her sound like a cold-hearted person!" Kyuhyun defended, glaring at him. "You don't know what was going on with her when she decided to break up with me!"

"Oh, and you do?" Donghae demanded, even as the elevator arrived at its designated floor. They all stepped out into the hallway, Donghae and Kyuhyun glaring at each other. They stood facing each other, the tension thick between them, both refusing to back down from the other's glare.

"No!" Kyuhyun admitted, angrily. "But, I'm starting to find out!" He folded his arms across his broad chest, looking very much like a petulant child.

"Pull your head out of your ass, Kyu!" Donghae shouted, making them all flinch. "She wasn't worth it! She was just using you; at the very first sign of you being serious, she bailed! What does that tell you about her?"

In a flash, Kyuhyun charged at Donghae, grabbing him by the collar of his shirt and slamming him against the wall. "You're being a bastard, you know that?" he shouted right in his face. Heechul immediately rushed towards them, trying to throw the younger man off.

Donghae struggled against his grip. "If it gets you to see the truth, then fine!" he shouted right back.

"Hey! Hey!" Eunhyuk exclaimed, trying to pry the two apart, but Kyuhyun held fast. "Both of you, stop!" He tried again to separate them, but found his efforts useless. He looked over to Sungmin and Ryeo wook, who were cowered together, looking worried. "Help us!" he yelled at them.