Prologue Part II (edited)

Cameron

Jessie starts the final round looking good, but it doesn't last long. Before I knew it, she is on the mat, getting the shit beat out of her. Mendez has Jessie's hands pinned so she can't even attempt to block her punches. I have seen enough! The ref should have already stopped the fight, but he hasn't, and it doesn't look like he is going to any time soon. So, I throw in the towel signaling him that I want him to stop the fight before Mendez kills Jessie. Instead of stopping the fight like he should, he looks over to Malachi, just kicks the towel to the side, and allows the massacre to continue. I must stop the fight. I start to climb into the ring.

That is when all hell breaks loose! I am trying to get to Jessie, but I am being held back by three of Malachi's guys, and then I hear a loud bang, and everyone starts to scatter. There is lots of yelling and gun fire. I'm not sure what happens, because all I can think is that I need to get to Jess. Even after the bang and gunshots, Mendez is still pounding away. Next thing I know, I see Mendez go flying across the ring and someone kneeling over Jessie's body. I get to her just as she passes out. She is a mess and I don't know what to do!

That is when I notice a woman standing next to me with a police vest on. She quickly scoops Jessie's body up and tells me to follow her. She is strong and quick, and it takes everything I have to keep up with her. We go back to the dressing room and she puts Jessie on the training table and begins to examine her. I can tell by her face that it's not good.

She finally looks at me and says, "If you want her to live, you are going to have to trust me."

"What the hell are you talking about? Are you a doctor or a cop? What is going on out there?" I fire off questions, one after another.

She says, "I will answer all your questions once we get out of here and are safe, but right now the only thing that can save her is my blood. I promise I CAN save her, but only if you do exactly what I tell you."

I don't know what else to do, so I just shake my head and say, "What do you need me to do?"

She pulls out a knife and slices her hand open. Then she tells me to open Jessie's mouth, so that she can give her a few drops of her blood. I do what I am told, even though I have no clue what is happening. All I know is that I can't lose Jess, she is all I have left. Once this is done, she tells me to gather all our stuff because we need to leave immediately. By the time I grab our stuff, Jessie has opened her eyes and is just staring at the women before she passes out again. Although she is unconscious, I can tell by the fact that her breathing isn't as labored as it was, that whatever the lady did saved her, at least for now.

Again, the woman scoops Jessie up like a rag doll and said, "Follow me, we need to get to the airport and get to the States."

I grab our things and follow her. We almost make it do the door leading outside before being stopped by Malachi and some of his guards. She turns to me and hands me Jessie, and says, "Meet me at hanger three at the Cape Town airport. It is only about two miles from here. If I am not there in 20 minutes, tell the pilot I said to leave without me. He will ask you for a pass phrase, tell him UNLV runnin rebels will make the final four this year. Do you understand?" I nod and take off out the door.

Outside, there is a car waiting with the keys in it. I carefully lay Jessie in the back seat and throw our gear into the passenger seat and haul ass to the airport. About five minutes after we arrive, the woman shows up covered in blood and with a busted lip. She doesn't give me a chance to ask any questions, she just grabs Jessie and we board the plane. Within five minutes, we are airborne. The next few minutes are a blur to me. This strange woman begins taking care of Jessie like she is a doctor. She examines her quickly, starts an IV bag, and puts a neck brace on her. Then she moves to her ankle, which is clearly broken, and with a loud, horrifying pop, puts it back in place and then wraps it with a brace.