Chapter 38

Alex

After we all get a late breakfast, we go back to my house. We need to go over the plan again to make sure everyone knows their place. After the plan has been finalized, Jessie, Ash, Cam and I go to the basement so that she can give me a few last-minute tips on fighting. I mean I can hold my own, but I am nowhere near the fighter she is, so I need all the help I can get. Around three thirty, Cameron, Jessie, Izzy and I load up in her truck and the rest follow in the van. The ride to Vegas was eerily quiet. After about fifteen minutes of silence, I couldnt take it anymore. I said, Guys, everything is going to be fine. You all act like we are going to a funeral or something.

Jessie answered, It might just be, doc. I mean what do we really know about him and I still think you should just juice me up with some blood and let me fight him. I dont want you to get hurt.

Jessie, we have been over this more than once. I am going to fight him. I have been waiting a long time to get to him and make him pay for what he did to my mother.

Doc, I get that, but I dont know what I will do if something happens to you.

Cameron speaks up, Hey, you two, will you stop talking like we arent going to win because we are you know. Going to win! Jessie, Alex might not be the trained fighter that you are, but she is a hybrid with the same abilities of Malachi. She will be fine and if not, we will be there to finish it. Now enough doom and gloom talk.

The rest of the way there everyone was quiet again. I couldnt help but think that maybe I should let Jessie fight but then I would think back to how I felt when I saw her almost die in the ring with Cassidy and I knew that I had to be the one.

Jessie

When we pulled into the parking garage nearest the tunnel, we all got out of the truck. I grabbed mine and Alexs gear. I didnt care what Alex said I was going to be taped and ready to step into the ring if I had too, after all Malachi thought that he was fighting me. I walked Izzy over to the van where the rest of my gang was and gave her a big hug and then kissed her like I may never see her again, which I might not.

Once inside, the doc and I both headed to the locker room to change and get taped up and ready to go. Before we walked out of the locker room, I grabbed her hand and spun her to me, Doc, please let me do this. I cant stand the thought of you getting hurt and having to watch it.

She brought me in for a hug, when we broke from the embrace she said, Jessie, enough, we are going with the plan. Trust me I know what it feels like to watch someone you care about get hurt. It is how I felt when I watched you fight Cassidy.

But you didnt even know me then. You only knew who I was.

Just because you didnt know there was anything between us doesnt mean that I didnt. I told you Jessie, from the moment you were born I knew that I loved you and I would wait for you as long as I needed to. Now come on lets go out and warm up. We still need for Malachi to think he is fighting you or he may not show up.

Fine, but I still dont like this stupid plan!

Alex

After our conversation in the locker room, Jessie has been very business-like. There isnt any interaction between us other than stretching and warming up. It is almost like she has the ability to cut off her emotions, but I know she cant, at least I dont think she can. She is just pissed at me. At around five oclock, Bennie came over and let us know that Malachi and his guys just showed up and he showed them the locker room. I thought great its almost time to face him. I have thought about how I would tell him who I was many times, but I never really thought I would get the chance but now that it is here, I dont really know what to say.