Chapter 36

Alex

During the next week while Jessie was in school, me and my guys went through all the camera footage of the fights to see if we could spot Malachi, but we came up empty handed. He was being careful, very careful. This weekend is Camerons graduation, so I told the guys to go to the fights and keep an eye out in hopes that he will eventually make a mistake.

Jessie didnt want to leave Izzys side for a second. She was so scared that Malachi would take her again. I cant really blame her, so I was able to get Izzys parents to let her go with us to Cams graduation

When Friday afternoon rolled around Amy, Jessie, Izzy and I boarded a plane to Georgia. The graduation was at ten on Saturday and Cameron didnt know we were coming. After the ceremony, we were able to see Cameron. He was so surprised that we all came. We all went out for dinner and chit chatted about what has been going on. Jessie and I had already decided we needed to tell him everything even though we knew he wasnt going to be happy. After everyone had finished eating I decided to just come out with it. SoCameron, a lot has happened while you have been away and there are a few things that we think you should know.

He replies, Why does this sound like it is going to be something that I am not going to like?

Probably because it is. Malachi is back. He took Izzy and had her for about a week. He had Jessie enter a tournament so that he could see if she could still fight. Then he pulled a disappearing act and we havent seen or heard from him in a week. I have my guys patrolling the fights trying to find him but right now it is a waiting game.

He spoke again, this time to Izzy, Izzy are you ok? Did he hurt you?

She replied, Actually, he just locked me in a room. It wasnt too horrible but not something I want to repeat and now Jessie wont let me out of her sight.

Jessie just laughed and said, I cant stand the thought of him taking you again. If I need to sit outside your house at night to keep you safe that is what I will do. Plus, there is the fact that Alex is a vampire so she is pretty useful.

Cameron looked at Alex and said, You told her that too, what the hell Alex!

I replied, I didnt really have a choice Cameron. I had to use my blood to heal Dean because they were jumped leaving a fight that YOU knew they were going too. If anyone should be mad it should be me! How could you keep that from me?

I went and checked the fights out, they were harmless besides she wasnt even fighting.

That may be true but some of Malachis people saw her at the fight and followed them and then attacked them outside in the tunnels. Cass and Jessie fought them off, but Dean almost died. If I hadnt used my blood to heal him, he would have.

Waitso you are saying Malachi knows that Jessie is alive?

Yep! Have you not been listening? His goons say that he is coming for her and there is nothing we can do about.

So, what are you doing about it?

We have a plan. Its not a great plan but I feel that it is the only one that gives me the ability to protect Jessie.

Wellare you going to tell me what it is?

I spend the next twenty minutes explaining the plan to Cameron and then arguing about the fact that he doesnt like the plan. In the end, he finally sees that it is the best plan that we could come up with. On the ride back to the base, the car is silent. Before Cameron gets out he thanks us for coming and says that he will be home in a few weeks. Apparently, he gets leave time before going on to ranger school. We say our goodbyes and head back to the hotel. Our flight leaves early tomorrow, and we need some sleep.