Chapter 17

Jessie

So now that I am in my room, I start to freak out a little. Ok a lot. I have no idea what to wear, what to say, what to do. I don't even know this girl, what she likes or anything. I cant believe the doc did this to me! I start pulling clothes out of the closet and drawers trying to figure out what to wear. I have cloths everywhere when Amy walks in and asks me, What is going on?

What Cameron didn't tell you, the doc set me up on a date? Can you believe that! I have no idea what I'm doing or what to wear. I say starting to hyperventilate a little.

First of all, you need to calm down some. Take a few slow deep breaths, then I will help you find something to wear. Ok?

Ok. I take a few calming breaths that seem to help a little. Amy what am I supposed to do? I'm freaking out.

I can see that. She said laughing. Just calm down and I will help you find something to wear and walk you through some scenarios that may happen on the date.

Ok thanks, Amy!

After going through all the clothes, we found a nice pair of shorts, a plain black t-shirt and a long sleeve gray and white striped shirt that I would wear over the t-shirt with the sleeves rolled up. I was starting to feel a little better about this now. I went to get a shower then got dressed. I finished off the outfit with a pair of black and white vans. I pulled my hair up in a tight pony tail and was ready.

Amy came in and ask, Are you ready?

I think so, but I still dont know what to expect or do.

Here take this money and pay for yours and her dinner to start with, then just act natural, like you do with Jay and Izzy.

But they are my friends and I know them so its not weird, but I dont know anything about Lexie.

How did you get to know Jay and Izzy? You didnt just meet them one day and say oh I know you so its not weird. You spent time with them and got to know them before you started calling them friends. Do the same thing with Lexie, just talk to her and get to know her.

Ok but I dont know what to say to get to know her.

Just ask her questions about anything, what she likes and doesnt like. Just talk, thats all you have to do.

Great, its going to be a long night. I dont like to talk.

Well then, I guess you better hope the restaurant has fast service, so you dont have a lot of time for small talk.

Thanks, Amy. I really appreciate it.

No problem, Jessie. Now go and try to have a good time.

I leave the house at around seven, that way I can get to the docs house before Lexie. As soon as I get there I head to the fridge and chug a beer to calm my nerves.

I go into the bed room to watch TV for a little bit to try and get me to relax some, but it doesnt work. I just pace back and forth around the room while I wait. I decide to call Izzy maybe she can calm me down some. I dial her number and she answers on the first ring. Jessie is everything ok?

No, most definitely not. Im freaking out here. What the hell am I supposed to do? I have never been on a date and I dont want to go on one with someone I dont even know. Izzy, I want it to be you.

Jessie, I need you to calm down, sweetie. Everything will be fine. You are just going to dinner with her and then we will be together the rest of the night, ok?

All I heard from her was sweetie. Everything else was just white noise. No one had ever called me that before and it made me feel warm inside. I guess she was expecting an answer from me because she said, Sweetie, are you still there?