Chapter 18

Alex

Somewhere over the pacific.

I cant believe I did that! What was I thinking? I should have never given in to Jessie, I knew it was wrong, but I couldn't stop myself. I had been looking for her for so long, it didn't occur to me that the feelings were real and not some sort of dream until that night. Once she told me how she felt, I couldn't control myself. I should have stopped her but I couldn't, the emotions overtook me and I lost all sensibility. Now I just must keep my distance.

I thought we would be able to go back to just being friends, that was until I got the phone call from Jessie about Victoria. She was pissed and I know why but I don't know what I thought would happen and now after seeing her again at the hearing all I can think about is her and that night. It took all my willpower not to kiss her when I saw her smile at me when she walked in. My original plan was to stay at least a night before heading back to Africa but I couldn't take being around her without being with her.

Then I had the bright idea for her to stop by Victoria's office so that I could talk to Victoria about Jessies treatment and the anger management classesthat was another mistake. When we walked in, Lexie, Victorias daughters eyes lit up when she saw Jessie and I could tell she liked her but Jessie didnt have a clue. So, I had to have a painful but somewhat amusing conversation with Jessie about the fact that Lexie was into her. Then to top it off, as soon as we walked into Victorias office, I could tell she was relieved to see me and kissed me in front of Jessie.

Once we were done talking to Jessie, I sent her out to talk to Lexie so we could have a few moments alone. Thats when Jessie decided to make a very rude commit about me and Victoria. I could tell Jessie was not happy about the way that Victoria looked and spoke to me, but the commit she made was uncalled for. As soon as she was out of the room Victoria laid into me about the fact that I had told Jessie about our relationshipthen she kissed me. That was the moment I realized that after being with Jessie, nothing felt the same.

What Im trying to say is that before that night with Jessie, I was happy with Victoria. We had an intense relationship and were good together, but now I dont know. The kiss just wasnt the same. I mean dont get me wrong there was still passion there but not like I felt with Jessie! Thats when I knew, I had fucked up and bad!

When I walked into the waiting area and saw Lexie flirting merciless with Jessie, I felt something I hadnt felt in a long time. Jealously! What the hell am I going to do was all I could think. Thats when I decided to leave right away to go back to Africa, I needed distance between us and quick. As I walked up to Jessie and Lexie, Lexie asked Jessie out. I wanted to tell Lexie, Jessie was mine, but I couldnt so I just stood there and laughed at the look on Jessies face. Of course, that pissed her off but not as much as when I told Lexie to pick her up at eight at my place. I thought she was going to lose it on me again right there in the office, but she didnt which was a little surprising but good. I guess she is learning to control her anger.

The ride back to the plane was quiet. Neither of us were in the mood to talk. When we arrived at the airport, I told Jessie that I would be informing Cameron about her date so that he would make sure she went. This really pissed her off and she let me know it. She then informed me that she had kissed that girl Izzy and liked it and wanted to date her and not Lexie. It was breaking my heart to have to push her away like this, but it is really the best thing for her. Im a vampire after all, I will be here when the timing is right for us, if it ever is.

Any wayI need to focus on whats happening in South Africa with the fights. I really need to find out for sure if Malachi is still around. Maybe if I keep myself busy, I wont be constantly thinking about Jessie and her date. Rightlike thats going to happen. Plus, Im sure I will get a text or call from either her or Cameron. If I know her and the date went well, she will want to rub it in my face!