Chapter 37

Alex

After dropping Jessie off at school, I headed over to my house to talk to my team about what Bennie told us last night. I had a thought after Jessie fell asleep last night. Bennie said that he was approached after the fights last weekend when he was closing, so I had Cameron pull up the footage from the camera we have at the ticket booth to see if it caught who this person was. It took a while to sift through all the footage but eventually we saw him. It was Malachi! Now that I am sure that he is still around, we start brainstorming on a plan.

Jessie

It was pointless for me to be at school today because all I can think about is Malachi, besides it is almost Christmas break so its not like we are really doing anything. I found Izzy at her locker before class and asked her if she wanted to skip with me.

She replied, Sure, is everything ok?

Not really! I can feel the tears just waiting to fall but I cant let them not yet anyway.

Hey, Jessie whats wrong? Let me just text Cass so she wont worry, and we will head out.

All I can do is nod because I dont think I can speak without crying. Im not sure why this is bothering me so much because I trust Alex and I really think that together we can beat Malachi but at what cost?

Izzy set a text and then said, Ok lets go. Where too?

Again, I dont trust my voice so I just shrug my shoulders. We walk out to her jeep and get in. Once we are buckled up she looks at me and says, How about we go to the park and hang out and talk?

That sounds good. Then maybe grab lunch from somewhere.

Alright, sounds like a plan. Lets do it.

Once we get to the park we walk over to the lake and sit under one of the large oak trees. Even though it is close to Christmas, its not really that cold out. It feels rather nice. I tell Izzy about the visit from Bennie and what the doc wants to do. I also end up telling her why Malachi wants me back so bad. Before I can finish my story, I start to cry again. I hate that! Crying is for the weak and I am not weak, damn it! Izzy just hugs and kisses me and tells me it is ok to cry every now and then. When I finally get out all my tears, I say Lets get some lunch and go look at cars, then do some Christmas shopping.

Izzy looks at me confused and says, Cars?

Yes cars, I have been meaning to get one and now I feel like doing some retail therapy. Its not like I dont have the money. I mean with all the fighting I have been doing lately my bank account is looking pretty good and besides I need to find the doc a Christmas gift and, of course, I want you to pick out anything you want for Christmas. I need some ideas because I am bad at this.

Ok then, how about pizza?

Sounds good, then the Ford dealership.

So, we head out to get food and then go over to the Ford dealership. I have been reading online about the Ford F150 Raptor pickup truck and think that I will buy one for myself for Christmas. When we get to the dealership, I immediately see what I want. It is a fully loaded Raptor, it is ingot silver. It is beautiful! I look at the price and it sells for $61,285 which is crazy but hey I have the money so why not? I walk around it and peak in the window, I must have it.

I look at Izzy and say, This is it. This is what I want.

She just stares at me for a few minutes before saying, Jessie, this thing is huge and expensive.

And dont forget totally awesome!

Sure but

But what, its not like I dont have the money.