Chapter 42

-3 years later-

Ross' POV

Not much has happened in the past three years.

Me and Christina are now engaged

Rose's biological mom, Amanda came by, she also said she's dropping by again with other people to get Rose back..

Rydel and Bradley moved in together in an apartment

My brothers and Ellington decided to move in a house across the street so mom and dad now have a house to theirselves.

"Ross, come here for a sec!" Christina yelled.

"What is it?" I asked while running down the stairs.

"Everything is ready for tonight right?"

"Yes, the family dinner, but I still need to call Rydel and Bradley. I still can't get a hold of them"

"I'll try to call them later"

"Okay"

After there was a knock on the door, and it revealed Amanda and two guys standing there. They didn't say anything, two guys came in and pinned me and Christina against the wall while Amanda came in and up the stairs.

"Hey! You can't go up there!" I yelled.

No response. I tried getting out of the guys grip but that caused him to tighten his grip.

"Mommy! Daddy!" Rose cried while Amanda brought her out the door.

"Don't worry princess!" I yelled while the guys loosen their grip on my and Christina and ran out the door. "I'll come and I find you" I whispered that last part.

I called Riker and he came over fast.

"We are going to go to the police" Riker said as we piled into his car. "What's her name?"

"Amanda Hastings I think" I replied.

~

We arrived at the police station and told them everything. They said that they will try to get back Rose for us and drop by my house tonight or earlier.

"We should reschedule the family dinner" I said.

"I think that would be a good idea" I Riker replied.

Christina nodded.

Christina's POV

We thanked Riker for the ride and he drove off while Ross and I walked into the house. Ross went to call Mark and Stormie to tell them that we needed to reschedule the family dinner.

~

It's 9:30 at night and we are still waiting for the police and Rose to show up.

Minutes passed and Ross and I sat there in silence.

-10:00 pm-

Still no sign of Rose or the police showing up.

-10:00-

"Maybe we should just go to bed" Ross said.

I shook my head. "I'm staying up"

Ross pulled me to his chest and kissed my forehead.

-11:00 pm-

My eyelids started getting heavy, I tried fighting it, sooner or later I'll give up so I fell asleep.

~

I woke up to a knock, it was still dark outside so I'm guessing its midnight.

I sat up while Ross got up, I copied his actions. Ross opened the door and it revealed the police officer and a very tired Rose with with scratches and bruises.

"She got abused" the police officer informed us while Ross took her from his arms. "So now you have full custody of her"

"Okay, thank you so much!" Ross said.

"No problem"

Ross closed the door, he went and changed Rose into her pajamas and he put her to bed.

---------------------------------------------------

Sorry for the short chapter.

I've been studying for my learners for the pass couple days.