|| • Chapter 51 • ||

"Knock knock." Felix says as I was brushing my hair up into ms ponytail.

My muscles began to tighten and I dropped my hair and the brush.

"Ouch!" I winced, placing my hands in my head after the brush fell off it.

"How are you?" He asks, leaning against my dress.

I could see the collar of a wet suit poking out from under his shirt along with the sleeves.

"Not good, I just hit myself in the head with a brush." I bend down to pick up my brush.

"Not that." I could feel his gaze on me and I quickly stand up. "About the whole Bryn being abducted thing. How are you?" He asks again.

I drew in a sharp breath and shrug my shoulders, going back to brushing my hair.

"I'm fine I guess." I stare at my reflection.

I tried to keep my face impassive but I wasn't as good as Kelsey when I was holding in how I really felt. Thankfully my face didn't show how hurt I really felt inside.

I felt as my heart's been ripped out of my chest and taken somewhere else. I wasn't even sure I was alive because I can't feel it beating anymore. I could always feel it rapidly beating behind my chest.

Now that he wasn't here I just felt like I was just moving on because I had to when I was really dead inside. This scared me a lot because I never felt this strongly about anyone.

My head began to feel light headed and black started to cloud the sides of my vision.

I needed him. I needed him to keep me sane. I needed him to be my rock. Through everything that's happened he's been there.

"Whoa, whoa." Felix says as he reaches out to catch me.

I fall into his arms and warmth fills my body. He keeps me up and from hitting my head.

"Maybe this is a good thing." He slowly pushes me to my feet.

"H-how how could you say that?" I felt the tears well up in my eyes.

"No, no not like that." He held my face in his hands. "It's just we can help you take your mind off him being gone." He smiles. "We haven't hung out like we planned to this summer."

"Yeah because I was always with Br-br-bry-"

"Shhh." He placed his finger to my lips and my shoulders began to shake. "Shhh, it's ok." He pulls me into his chest and strokes my hair.

It's not ok! My boyfriend was literally ripped away from me and I can't do anything but sit and wait until he comes back. That's even if he comes back at all.

"Come surfing with us." Felix quickly says as my sobs begin to calm down. "That's really why I came here." He held me at half arms length.

"S-surfing." I wiped under my eyes with my hands.

"Yes." He smiled at me. "It'll take your mind off of things."

"I can't- I can't surf." I bit down on my lip.

"It's ok." He tucked his hair behind my ear. "We'll teach you."

"Ok." I nodded my head.

His smile stretched even wider, pressing his dimples deeper into his check and I felt the butterflies in my stomach once again. I quickly looked away from him.

|| • || • || • || • || • || • ||

The wet suit was tight. It literally clung to my body yet I could still move. The cuffs fit nicely around my wrist. The collar was barely noticeable around my neck. I wore my bikini bottoms instead of a full wetsuit so the hem of the shirt was pretty snug around my stomach.