|| • Chapter 11 • ||

"I'm still sorry about barging in on you guys like that." I apologize for the fifth time this morning.

He laughs and brushes my hair away from my face.

"If you're not in too much trouble, you should stop by, I want to take you somewhere. Only if you're up for it." He pulls his hand back.

Don't do it he violated your bubble.

My aunt had called me fussing about how there was a rope ladder outside my window. She had a photo shoot but when she got home I was sure to get a mouthful.

"I'm pretty sure I'll be able to get away." I smile and he smiles back.

"Awesome." He looks as if he's going to give me a hug but decides against it.

I finally leave off the porch and over to my yard.

Why? Why do you ignore me so much?

Because when I do, I get in trouble. When I don't I get in trouble. You're just here to have conversations with. Now shush, nobody likes a backseat driver.

|| • || • || • || • || • || • ||

Around five o'clock Christa came back. She yelled at me for sneaking out then freaked out about me sneaking out. She could be confusing at times. Then I was allowed to leave. She only let me go because I actually wanted to do something and "be a teenager".

"So where are we going?" I look over at Felix.

He smiles but keeps his gaze on the road.

"Somewhere fast." He replies.

"Is it an amusement park? I don't do well at those. I hate roller coasters and the rides they make me nauseous just looking at them. Please tell me we're not going to one of those." I plead and his smile grows wider.

"We're not going there today." He grabs my hand and holds it in his. "There's no rides where we're going."

I try to ignore the rapid beating of my heart that was happening behind my rib cage.

"Then where are we going?" I try to keep him from lacing our fingers but it didn't work.

"Just calm down and enjoy the ride." He laughs and I let out a whine.

I couldn't calm down. Not with him holding my hand when he obviously has a girlfriend. Not with the rush feeling I get whenever I'm around him. Not with the butterflies evolving into dragonflies in my stomach. Especially not with the terrifying fact that he's taking me to some unknown place.

Your first date.

Not my first date.

Your first date.

It's not a date.

It's so a date. Only the two of you. It's a date.

It's not a date conscience!

|| • || • || • || • || • || • ||

"Welcome to Dash. The best go kart racing track in all of California. In my opinion." He says as we join the line of people.

"G-go kart racing?" I step back from him and he pulls me back.

"Don't worry, we'll be racing together." He wrapped his arm around my waist and pulled me into him.

Oh god.

I felt a shiver run down my spine at the sudden close proximity. 

"T-together? As in the same kart?" I could feel my eyes getting wider with each word.