|| • Chapter 41 • ||

I hang up the phone once again and look up at Karma. She frowns and her shoulders sag as and let out a heavy sigh.

Poor kid, all she wanted was to spend time with her older brother yet she had no clue where he was.

"No answer?" Bryn asks, sliding into the bench with two plates in hand.

"No answer." I reply, taking one of the plates from him.

Today was the cities annual barbecue/kite party. I wasn't going to go but Bryn and the guys wanted to go so I had no choice. Literally everyone was here, well everyone I knew besides Luke and Dylan.

"Don't you think it's a little weird how they both just disappeared." I look over at Bryn who was attempted to shove a hamburger, smothered in baked beans, in his mouth.

There was no way I was sleeping in the room tonight.

It's been two days since we've seen or heard from either of them. Bryn said not to worry but after what happened to me I couldn't help but worry about Luke. Dylan I could care less about.

"Not really." He mumbled putting down his burger.

"You're disgusting." I scrunched up my nose and he smiles.

"Yet you're still with me." He bumps his hip against mine.

"I don't think I have a choice." I laugh and he rolls his eyes.

"Luke!" Karma chirps excitedly, jumping up from her seat and taking off.

Thirty seconds later both Luke and Dylan came into view. It wasn't hard to miss the multiple hickeys along both of there necks. Or the lines running down both of Luke's arms. Or the bruises on Dylan's wrist.

"Dylan wishes to apologize." Luke is the first to speak.

Another period of silence passes before Luke glares at Dylan. She sighs and looks directly at me.

"I'm sorry for kissing your boyfriend twice and being jealous of you. My reckless behavior was uncalled for and instead of hating you and pushing you away I should try and actually get to know you. Because of this I hope you accept my apology and we can start over." She recites as if she had written it down and memorized it.

"I don't believe you." I say crossing my arms on the table.

"Are you fu- kidding me." She frowns.

"It sounds to rehearsed not a genuine apology." I tuck my hair behind me hair as it blew in the wind.

"Well it is." She grumbles.

"I won't forgive you that easily. Just like the guys you have to gain my forgiveness and trust again." I state.

"Do you at least accept my apology?" She sighs.

"Yes." I nod my head. "I accept your apology."

"Good." She lets out a sigh of relief.

"Now go." Luke motioned over to a group of girls and she left without hesitation, taking Karma with her.

He sighed and sat down at the picnic table with us.

"Where have you been?" I frown at him.

"Dylan's place." He ran his fingers through his hair.

"Doing what?" I arched my brow.

"That much is obvious Amelia." Bryn answers for him. "Dude you look like you've been through hell and back."

"These past two days been nothing but arguing, rough sex, arguing, rough sēx, arguing again and more sēx." He closed his arms and laid his head on them.