|| • Chapter 14 • ||

During the time of making brownies Bryn had changed the time from 7pm to 5 mainly for the reason of having enough light. I really didn't catch why he was changing the time I was to interested in the multiple tattoos he had covering his arm. I always had a soft spot for tattoos especially people with sleeve tattoos.

If anyone could go through that pain multiple times then you've got my respect.

"What are you staring at?" Phoenix laughs as he cracks an egg into the bowl.

I blink a few times before returning my gaze back to him. Apparently we were making a cake for his parents anniversary. I was a great cook but a horrible baker. So when I say we, I actually mean he was baking a cake. I was just company.

"Nothing." I shake my head. "The tiles on the ceiling were just-" I was cut off by my phone vibrating against the counter.

My heart jumped in my chest and I quickly grabbed it and unlocked it. He let out another laugh and I smiled as I read the text from Bryn.

Can't wait for tonight, don't wear anything to fancy.

I laugh and quickly typed my reply.

Lucky for you sir I didn't pack much fancy clothes.

I lightly bite down on my lip and try to contain my smile. I didn't need yet another person asking me why I was smiling like a clown.

Did I mention that before he left we exchanged numbers?

I was a little cranky this morning because we stayed up until one in the morning just talking on the phone.

"Please do tell me why you have to cut our date short?" Phoenix asks while stirring the ingredients.

"This isn't a date." I look up at him. "Just two friends hanging out." I shrug and lean against the bar.

"You're friend zoning me Ame?" He hisses and arches his brow.

"I'm just going to say yes because I don't know what friend zoning someone is." I tuck my hair behind my ear.

The wooden spoon knocks against the plastic bowl as he lets go of it. His jaw hung open slightly.

"Do you live under a rock my friend? Friend zoning is exactly what you did. Telling someone you're "just friends" when the other someone obviously has feelings for that someone who just friend zoned them." He explains and I stare at him confused.

"You have feelings for me?" Was the only thing I caught, the rest just went in one ear and out the other.

He rolled his eyes and went back to stirring. "Me, Drew, Felix, Roy. He'll maybe even Dylan. You really need to be more observant." He shook his head.

"Since when?" My eyes widened.

He looks up at me. "Well I'm pretty sure when you kissed half of us it was a pretty big hint. Are you that clueless?" He frowns.

"I am not clueless." I frown taking that very offensively.

"Could've fooled me." He rolls his eyes and begins to pour the batter into the pan.

I roll my eyes and looked down at my phone. After staring at it for a bit I place it on the counter.

|| • || • || • || • || • || • ||

About two hours later, mainly because the cake had to cook and cool, we were standing on his parents porch. He had a gift in his hands and I had the cake in mine.