|| • Chapter 8 • ||

|| • Chapter 8 • ||

I can't believe she let him up here with beer.

"Catch." Roy says as he tosses a can of beer over to me.

I let out a squeak and quickly shuffle out the way before it hit me in the face. He sighed and shook his head.

He had brought over a half empty case of bud light. I wasn't to thrilled with the fact that he actually got past her with a case of bud light in his hands.

"How'd you do it?" I asked as he sat in my chair, thankfully the right way, and put the case by his feet.

"I just told her that I needed a box to put soda in. Even put a can on cola in here to show her." He pulled out the cocoa cola can and shook it in his hand.

Welp there goes that perfectly good can of soda.

You don't even drunk dark pop.

Oh yeah! In that case... good riddance!

I felt my inner self roll her eyes. Was that even possible?

I cringed at the sound of Roy cracking his can of beer open. He took a sip of it and just gazed at me.

"What?" I reach over and grab the can. He arches his brow in amusement. "I'm not going to drink it." I ran my finger along the rim of it.

The can felt heavy in my hand. It's contents weighing it down. The can was also cold as if it was chilled before hand.

"I don't get you Ame." He says, taking another sip.

"Amelia." I chided.

"I like Ame better." He retorts and I huff.

I hated Ame. My uncle called me Ame and spit a chewed pieced of mushed corn onto my face. I was scarred for life and refused to let anyone call me Ame. I was strictly Amelia. Not Ame, not Amel, not Ameli, not even Mel, Meli, Melia, Li, or Lia. Call me Amelia or don't call me anything at all.

"I don't." I reply and he tips his lips up in a smile.

"So Ame, why don't you drink?" As he asked me this question he took yet another sip of his beer.

"Because people do stupid things when they're drunk. They have sex, they drive, they even say things they don't mean." I muttered. "My cousin was a victim of a drunk driving accident and she wasn't even the one who was driving intoxicatedly. My grandma, when she was younger, was raped by a very close friend while he was drunk. My parents conceived me while they were drunk. Hell my mother even drank while she was pregnant with me." I explain.

He looks at me with a shocked expression.

"It might explain why I am the way I am." I felt tears I didn't know I have spill over my face. "She didn't get her shìt together until I was five and dying of pneumonia." I sniffed wiping my hand under my nose. "God I hated her for so long. For forcing me to be the introvert that I am." I played with the tab on top of the can.

Silence filled the room around us. I took the time to actually crack open the can and take a swig of the beer.

I shuttered at the taste. It wasn't stale but it wasn't good either.

How could people drink this stuff?

Without thinking about it I took a few more swigs until the can was basically empty.

"If it helps, I like the way you are. You're fun, quirky and different and I think that's why every guy in that house has a crush on you." His words were soft, sincere.