|| • Chapter 6 • ||

|| • Chapter 6 • ||

This is so dangerous.

Breathe Amelia breathe. In and out. In and out. In and out. Are you breathing?

Yes.

"So Amelia." Felix says from behind me causing me to jump in his lap.

Yes I was sitting in his lap. Mainly because there wasn't any room in the car and he had offered. I was all for staying home and not going but they shoved me into the car on his lap. We shared a seatbelt but it was still dangerous.

"Where'd you come from?" He asks brushing my hair over my shoulder.

"It was sunny year round." I say looking down at my hands playing with my fingers. "And hot, it's really hot. Kind of like California but not." I continue.

Why aren't you just saying Florida?

I don't know.

"It was Florida." I finally say.

"Oh cool." Drew says, turning around in the front seat. "Run into any alligators." He chomped his teeth.

"N-no, I didn't live near any swamps." I clenched my fingers in my lap.

Something caught his attention out of the corner of his eye.

"Dude dude there! You're passing it!" He hit Roy on the arm.

"Oh shít!" He hissed while putting the car in reverse. "Alright hold on." He turned around in his seat to look behind us as he backed up.

We backed up a few feet and then he turned around, putting the car in drive and turning down the street.

"All the dámn streets look the same." He mutters under his breath.

"Why'd you come to Cali?" Roy asked me looking in the rear view mirror.

My parents wanted me to make new friends.

You can't say that.

"M-my aunt wanted me to visit?" I stammer as a blush crosses my cheeks. I was never good at lying. It wasn't supposed to be a question I just wasn't sure, hopefully they didn't notice.

I hang my head down and my hair fell over my face as a curtain.

"Your aunts that model chick next door?" Phoenix asked astounded.

I nod my head and I heard a bunch of "sweet"s and "awesome"s erupt around the car.

The car came to a stop and I still didn't look up.

"Go get her." Roy ordered.

"You go get her." Drew said back. "Ow!"

"Now go get her stupid."

Roy will never be best bud of the month.

The car shook slightly as Drew got out and closed the door. I slowly lifted my head and saw Drew walking up to a house.

"Her?" I asked looking around at the rest of them.

Not another person.

"Yeah her, our fifth addition." Phoenix answers.

Does that make me their sixth addition?

Do you want to be their sixth addition?

I don't want to be here.

Soon a girl with blonde hair appeared in the doorway of the house. She was wearing blue jeans and a halter top that showed off her belly ring. Her blonde hair was pulled back into a wavy ponytail, exposing the brown roots beneath.