|| • Chapter 37 • ||

"Even with an injured leg you don't stop." Kelsey grumbled as I unlocked his door.

"I need something to dull the pain." He ran his hand over my butt before gripping it.

I smacked him in the stomach and he groaned. I instantly felt guilt but continued to open the door. Over the week it's become a reflex. The guard always found some way to touch me and when his hand went to my butt I hit him in the stomach. I guess it was stronger than I thought. That or Bryn was just trying to make me feel better.

"Finally." I huff when I push the door open.

A girl with curly ginger hair quickly pops up from the couch, her arms covering her bare breast. Seconds later Anthony came into view. His eyes landed on us and he looked like a deer in headlights.

"Shít." He mutters.

|| • || • || • || • || • || • ||

"I told you to watch her." Bryn hissed as I handed him one of my pain relief pills and a glass of water.

"I was watching her." Anthony replies.

"No you were prodding her vagina with your pénis, that's not watching." Bryn frowned.

I felt a small hand wrap around my arm. I look to find the girl, who's name is Sonya, gripping my arm.

"Kelsey would like to speak to you." She whispers and I sigh.

I walk over to the couch where Kelsey was sitting. She had been quiet since we arrived. Sonya laughed when she saw the disgusted look on my face.

"It's clean, I disinfect." She motions to the couch but I stay standing.

Kelsey looks over at me and smiles.

"So how was it being held captive?" She asks and I gulp slightly.

"Terrifying." I rubbed my arm.

"You know it's never going to end. Just because he quit doesn't meant you're safe. You're not safe until he's dead understand?" She says sharply. "You should be lucky that it wasn't anywhere higher on his body where he got shot." She sighs.

"Kelsey do you still care for Bryn?" I tuck my hair behind my ear.

"Of course I do. I didn't love him like I thought I did but I care for him. He's my partner–was my partner." She corrects. "I just want what's best for him and I honestly think that it's you." She smiles.

"Really?" I arch my brow.

"Yeah." She nods my head standing up. "He's never risked his life for anyone unless he was told to. Bryn is the type of guy who cherishes life yet constantly puts it in danger. The fact he did it for you means something." She slid her hands in her back pocket. "I'm glad you guys found each other, he seems more alive than usual." She looks over at him.

I follow her gaze and when I land on Bryn my heart flutters. He was laughing at something Anthony had said and Sonya was resting between Anthony's frame.

When he spotted me looking over at him his smiled widened.

"Come here." He motioned me over and I walked over to him.

He wraps his arms around my waist and tugs me into him. He buries his face into my neck and inhales deeply before letting it out slowly.

"I'm never letting you out of my sight again." He mumbles and holds me closer.

"You're going to have to when I go back to Christa's." I laugh and he shakes his head.

"No, never." He rubs his thumb against my hip. "You're bringing your things here and staying here the rest of the summer." He lifts up his head and looks at me, seriousness was laced in his irises.